Author Topic: Stinky bm's  (Read 1245 times)

Offline Aiden and Marlo's Mama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 10
Stinky bm's
« on: November 11, 2005, 14:30:59 pm »
Poor Marlo would prolly be dreadfully embarassed that I put this on the internet :lol: but her poo's are really stinky!  I don't remember Aiden's smelling bad till I weaned him.  Is there anything I should be worried about?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lori

Offline Erin (redstarfalling)

• Showing Appreciation 188
Stinky bm's
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 15:28:28 pm »
How bad are we talking?  Could it be something you've been eating lately?  Any gas pains too?
Erin
Mother to Megan and Samantha

Offline deb

• Showing Appreciation 593
  • Resident Nac Mac Feegle
    • My Very Own Crunchy & Progressive Parenting Blog
Stinky bm's
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2005, 18:49:25 pm »
This may sound like an odd question, but were you Group B +? If so, it's possible the antibiotic IV you got could have messed up Marlo's intestinal flora. Natalie's poops weren't so smelly, but she could clear a room with her farts - who KNEW that 8 pounds of baby could HOLD so much methane?!?!?  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

Anyway, what helped us was that I got a little bit of probiotics into her in the first couple weeks already, maybe 2-3 weeks old, and it stopped almost right away. Coincidence? Might be, but I'm guessing not.

If Marlo will take a bottle, maybe you could put some in there; if not, maybe you could express enough to mix some in a syringe w/EBM and give it to her like medicine. I know Whole Foods sells probiotics specifically FOR infants, although I just opened a capsule of mine and put some of the powder in a bottler for her and shook it up.

Anyway, a slightly far-out thought, but it DID seem to help us! :)

Offline Aiden and Marlo's Mama

• Showing Appreciation 10
Stinky bm's
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2005, 22:33:18 pm »
Deb - I wasn't B+, BUT...

She was on antibiotics her first 3 days due to some "unknown/unidentifiable" infection - there was meconium in my waters when they broke them, but the ped on staff there said it wasn't from that and told my dh (who became rather offended) and I QUOTE  "Women are just dirty 'down there'."  :shock:  :evil:  :shock:
Also could have been that they had to cut me a new one  :oops:  :lol: trying to get her out.

Ah, the love of having babies.  :roll: 

I'll look for some probiotics at our local "granola" store  :wink: the next time I'm feeling brave enuf to get out of the house.  Until then I guess I'll just hold my nose!  :lol:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lori

annamum

Stinky bm's
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2005, 23:00:28 pm »
Quote from: AidensMama
but the ped on staff there said it wasn't from that and told my dh (who became rather offended) and I QUOTE  "Women are just dirty 'down there'."  :shock:  :evil:  :shock:

I can't believe this :evil:  :evil:  :evil:. I am not surprized your dh was offended...