Author Topic: Waking Up Early - Hungry  (Read 1131 times)

Offline sandraorion

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 93
  • Albuquerque, NM
Waking Up Early - Hungry
« on: November 11, 2005, 17:42:31 pm »
Adrian has been waking up earlier and earlier in the morning very hungry. It's been going on for about a week. I served the breakfast at 5:30 this morning.  :shock: And he ate like a storm. He had a good dinner too.

It used to be that when he wakes up in the morning, he can go half an hour to an hour before breakfast. This week, it was 3 minutes. He gets up (or like this morning form a crib) signs for food, goes to the highchair and tries to climb up.

How do I make the dinner last longer? Can it be a growth spurt?

His routine is something like this. It's been like this for several months:
6am - wake up
7 am - breakfast
(if it's work day, he gets another breakfast at the daycare at 7:30 ) :D
9:30 am - snack
11 am - lunch
12-1 - nap
2:30 pm - snack
4:30 pm - dinner
6 pm - bedtime snack (I don't restrict this one, will give him whatever he wants), followed by the bedtime routine
7 pm - night night

I feel like he is eating non-stop. ;)
Sandra, mom to Adrian - July 30th, 2004 and Nina December 4th, 2007

Nikki~Nathan&Danielle

Waking Up Early - Hungry
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 05:19:58 am »
Could be a growth spurt?  Nathan went through a stage waking up earlier and earlier and asking for breakfast.  It's good that you offer a before bed snack - for a while I was giving Nathan a glass of complan (one of those diet drink supplements made up with milk) to help tide him through - did for a few days and then it reverted back.  So not sure of a long term solution except ride it out?

Offline Tutkusmom

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 21:41:03 pm »
I think his tea time is way too early even if he is having a snack before bed time.Could you not give her a lunch at 12noon or 12.30 and then put him to bed by 1pm so you can push the afternoon snack to 3 o'clock or something where he will end up having his tea at 5.30 or 6pm.You could still offer him a bed time snack which could be fruit(banana maybe?) or yogurt,maybe a slice of toast with apple slices or satsumas.

Offline sandraorion

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 93
  • Albuquerque, NM
Waking Up Early - Hungry
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2005, 15:28:03 pm »
Yes, I would really like if his whole schedule is moved to one hour later. Unfortunately in daycare they serve lunch at 11 and put them down for nap at noon. He goes to daycare 5 days a week, so that's what prevails.

Anyway, seems like it was a growth spurt. He stopped it after several days. :)
Sandra, mom to Adrian - July 30th, 2004 and Nina December 4th, 2007