Author Topic: 7 feeds instead of 8 for 5 week old?  (Read 1096 times)

Offline joceyjaime

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
7 feeds instead of 8 for 5 week old?
« on: November 11, 2005, 20:06:24 pm »
My lo was 5 weeks old on Wednesday.  He was born at 8 lbs 0 oz.  He is now 12 pounds.  He seems to changed himself from a 2 1/2 hr EASY to a 3 hr easy schedule during the day.  And, he sleeps for a chunk of 4 hours at night.

This equals out to 7 feedings a day.  When he was newborn the pediatrician wanted a minimum of 8 feedings.  He is still meeting or exceeding the minimum number of wet and dirty diapers everyday, even with 7 feedings. 

Is it okay to have just 7 feedings?  Or should I try to fit in an 8th during the day?

annamum

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 22:34:28 pm »
He grew up, he is bigger, he produces a lot of wet and dirty diapers, he extended his schedule by himself, YES, let him do it. I wouldn't be concerned at all as he doubled his birth weight and seems to be doing well. Enjoy it and don't forget babies like to change their schedules when you least expect it. He may be ready soon for a next growth spurt at around 6 weeks.

Offline Luke-n-Me

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2005, 03:15:34 am »
My lo has only had 6/7 feeds since 4 weeks of age.  She's fine and I've never worried-she is growing like a weed so I think your lo will be fine too!
Nancy

Luke (4-2-03)
Annika (8-30-05)

Offline joceyjaime

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2005, 04:31:01 am »
Thanks all!  I'll stick with 7!