Author Topic: Introducing bottle feeding for 11 week old  (Read 952 times)

Offline shabec

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Introducing bottle feeding for 11 week old
« on: November 12, 2005, 00:41:14 am »
Can anyone offer any advice on what method to use to get my 11 week old son used to taking a bottle.  I plan to continue bf for as long as possible, but am wary of problems that other bf mothers have had when it comes time to switch to bottle feeding later on, if they have not had a bottle previously.  Unfortunately, I am not that great at expressing, only getting on average 40-60mL total at a time, and I'm not keen on introducing formula as a supplement at this stage.  How often should I be bottle feeding and how much?  And any tips on getting him to accept the bottle?  Thanks...

Offline CanadianMom

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 6
Introducing bottle feeding for 11 week old
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2005, 01:15:31 am »
My oldest son would not take a bottle at all, so with DD, I made sure that she got a bottle regularly, and she had no difficulty.  With my 2nd DS, I gave him a bottle every night for his DF.  This worked amazing.  You could give him EBM,(the avent Isis was the only pump that ever worked for me) and you could mix what you have with a couple of ounces of formula.  I made sure that I gave him a bottle once a day, and he had no diffuculty transtioning.  Doing if for the DF was also great because then DH could give him the DF, and I could go to bed :D
L