Author Topic: Questions  (Read 930 times)

Offline Jennifer2e

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 11
Questions
« on: November 12, 2005, 15:32:51 pm »
Ladies I'm so discouraged with my LO's length between feeds at night.  We are going backwards right now.  He is 5 weeks monday but a little early and he only goes 2.5 hours between feeds at night.  He WAS going 3 for sure.  What is going on?  All week it has been getting worse.  He wants nothing to do with the paci he only wants to eat.  I tried the paci just to be sure he wasn't waking for it.

Edited to add that is goes 2-3 hours during the day between feeds.

He is sick right now with a cold but he has beeen doing it all week.  Does he need to eat that often?  A week and a half ago he weighed 8 pounds and I know he has grown.  He is DEFINATLEY bigger.

And how the heck can a BF baby have a cold?  Isn't this why I'm BF so that he dosen't get sick.  :evil:

I'm really worn out with my life right now and feel like quitting everything including BF.

Could my eating be causing my milk to not be fatty enough?  Since I don't eat dairy my diet is slim.  I have lost a ton of weight but I still have good milk supply.  Could my lack of fat cause this?  HELP ME!
Jennifer

Aidan-2/2/02
Ella-1/29/05
Grayson-10/10/05

Offline DeannaB

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 13
    • My Blog
Questions
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2005, 20:48:57 pm »
First off, ((HUGS))

PErhaps he has his 6 week growth spurt now?  Also probably needs more fluid during his cold (willprob help him get over it faster too).

Both my #2 and #3 got their first cold around a month old.  I think it's just from having toddler/s in the house.  Just bound to happen.

Are you trying cluster feeds in the evening?  Dream feed before bed?  Those always made a difference with my babies in the beginning.

Hang in there..........you are at the toughest part!!
Zachary 9/22/01  Kalla 7/21/03
Micah 6/29/05   Maressa 2/13/07

Visit my BLOG

annamum

Questions
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 04:03:37 am »
I agree with Deanna. He may be just about to hit a 6 week growth spurt and he needs more fluids as he is having cold. His behavior sounds normal although I agree with you that you would expect your breastfed baby not to have a cold.

As for your diet, I don't think this affects his nursing pattern. Are you eating meat, vegetables and fruit and drinking enough water? As long as you are getting enough nutrients in your diet your supply should be ok and he should be getting quality milk. In my first weeks postpartum I was mainly eating rotiserie chicken, bread, grapefruits and oranges and drinking galons of water. There are some non-diary breastfeeding moms who may have some extra thoughts for you.

And I wanted to tell you, it is the toughest now, after he is through the growth spurt, it will get easier. His cold is probably messing things up, as soon as he recovers completely you will have some break. <<<HUGS>>>