Author Topic: Nightmares or disrupted breathing while sleeping?  (Read 1025 times)

Offline GG

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 103
  • Chicagoland, IL
Nightmares or disrupted breathing while sleeping?
« on: November 12, 2005, 17:37:10 pm »
My ds makes some strange noises while he's sleeping.  It's sort of a disruption in his breathing, almost like hiccups, but like he's having a nightmare.  That, at least, is what I think of when I hear it.  I sometimes get up and caress his back and head but, short of waking him up, there's nothing else I can do.  He basically stops on his own.

He's only done this maybe a handful of times, starting around 4 mo, if I remember correctly.  I mentioned it to his doctor back then but he didn't seem concerned - said something about regulating his breathing or something.  I'll mention it again at his next appointment.

Has anyone else experienced this?  What do you think?
Georgia, mom to 3 sweet babes: touchy Foti, spirited Lena & not-so-tiny Joanna

stasztk

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2005, 18:27:32 pm »
I think he's fine Kaitie does that too. Does his eyes flutter when he does this too? I would still talk to the doctor if you are still worried mom's are usually pretty good at knowing what's going on with their lo's.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 01:15:37 am »
Not actually sure about the whole regulation of the breathing thing?  But... what I would suggest that you investigate, if you think it could fit the symptoms, is silent reflux and maybe question your Dr about sleep apnea (particularly if there is snoring associated).

Just some thoughts.

Cheers
Ted

Offline GG

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 103
  • Chicagoland, IL
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2005, 04:00:27 am »
I've never noticed if the eyes flutter.  It's usually dark and I don't think of looking at the eyes.  I don't think it's reflux and DS doesn't snore but tomorrow is the appt and I'll ask the doc then.  Thanks for the suggestions!!
Georgia, mom to 3 sweet babes: touchy Foti, spirited Lena & not-so-tiny Joanna