Author Topic: starting EASY  (Read 971 times)

Offline cierasky

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 12, 2005, 20:39:25 pm »
I am due with baby number 2 in May. I really would like this baby to sleep and eat better that my DD did. I never pushed the EASY routine with DD, she developed into ot on her onw around 4 months or so. I need your "expert" advice!! Should I allow this baby to develop into it on his/her own or should I try to keep to the EASY schedule from day one?

Also, my DD (when young) would always fall asleep during a bottle feed. How can I prevent this from happening to the next baby? That really messes up the EASY routine!

Mommy to Katelyn, 15 months and baby on the way May 2006!

Offline Deb_in_oz

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 615
  • personal development blogger
starting EASY
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 03:45:02 am »
i would not worry so much about starting a schedule form day 1, but rather implementing EASY principles and techniques can be beneficial and then you can see how your second baby is - it might be a textbook angel baby that settles right into a routine or a spirited non-napper that needs lots of help - then you can decide what to do...

just work to ensure that there is a little A time (in the beginning a nappy change is enough) after eating and that you settle baby to sleep in his/her bed rather than rocking etc and also ensure that you make day and night clear by ensuring lo does not sleep for huge day sleeps of 3-4 hours.  these 3 things alone will be the most beneficial in implementing EASY.

as far as falling asleep on the bottle - you can see the bottle feeding forum for more advise but most ly just stop the feed fgor a minute and put lo upright which shoudl wake them up and then resume the feed.  tracy has tips in the latest book for how to help wake them up respectfully for the rest of the feed.

good luck and take it "easy" as it is a big adjustment to having 2 kids - see the and then there were 2 forum for some insights an advice!!
Debra - a New Yorker living in Australia married to a Brit

dd1 - Textbook/Angel, born July 2003
dd2 - Spritied through & through, born Feb 2005

Check out my website:   Home Life Simplified
Like my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/HomeLifeSimplified