Author Topic: Wake up time  (Read 1054 times)

Offline KellyC

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 217
Wake up time
« on: November 12, 2005, 22:41:13 pm »
Hi

I have a 10 week old son and we've been following EASY from very early on, however up until now I haven't stuck to a set wake up time.  I'm planning to introduce the 7am wake up as suggested in Tracey's books as if we wake later than this it messes up our bedtime routine at the other end of the day.  My question is that if Zander wakes at 5am or 6am for a feed, as he often does, having slept a full night with no other wake ups and I then get him up again at 7am should I still feed him even though it's only been an hour or two since his last feed?

Thanks for your help
Kelly x
Mummy to Zander (2005), Nathaniel (2007) and Caleb (2009)

Offline Noelle

• Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
Wake up time
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 19:52:15 pm »
If he woke at 5, I would feed again at 7 to keep the routine.  I'm not sure when bedtime is, but 6am is not an uncommon time for babies to start their day.  Sometimes their internal clock is different then what we would like it to be  :D  :wink:   Just start EASY with a 6 start time vs 7  :D

What time is his bedtime? If he wakes at 6 does he go right back down to sleep after the feed?    :D
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom

Offline KellyC

• Showing Appreciation 217
Wake up time
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 20:34:49 pm »
Hi

Thanks for your reply.  Bedtime used to be 7.30pm to 8pm but I've realised that Zander is ready for bed before this so last week we changed it.  He now has his last feed at 6pm, bath at 6.30pm and in bed by 7pm - it's working much better as he's not overtired.  He does go straight back down after his feed if it's at 6am and wakes at about 8am - ooh dear, I don't like the idea of starting the day at 6am!!

Kelly x
Mummy to Zander (2005), Nathaniel (2007) and Caleb (2009)

Offline Noelle

• Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
Wake up time
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2005, 20:47:36 pm »
Just throwing this out there....how about switching the bottle after the bath, maybe that would let him go a little longer before waking since it would be 30-45 minutes later? 

Zoe's bedtime is/was 7pm too.  She woke at 6 for the longest time too and it eventually worked itself to 7.  Ideally we would like 12 hrs.

You could let him sleep until 8 and just tweak EASY that way too to have a 7pm bedimte.  Sounds like you have a GREAT little sleeper - yay!  :D
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom