Author Topic: 3 mnths and started waking every 2-3 hours  (Read 1214 times)

Offline PaolaG

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
3 mnths and started waking every 2-3 hours
« on: November 14, 2005, 09:45:25 am »
I am not sure what has happened, but my 3 month old, Lea, has started to wake roughly every 3 hours during the night.  She was sleeping regularly for 5 hours, and occassionally for 7 hours (and once for 8 hours!).  At first I thought she was just waking and we should calm her back to sleep, but now I realise she really is hungary, and so I feed her. 

I do try to feed her more before she goes to bed - at 5 pm and 7pm (roughly).  I hadn't been dreamfeeding, but now she stirs a bit sometime between 10.30 and midnight, so I am feeding her then.  But its not making any difference.  She still wakes at around 1 or 2 really hungary

So now I am thinking that she needs to eat more during the day.  This probably sounds stupid, but how do I do that?  She is exclusively bf.  at the moment she feeds roughly every 3 hours during the day.

any ideas?

thanks

Paola

Offline Kim Williams

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 13:54:17 pm »
Hi there

Lea may be going through a growth spurt as she is 3 months old.  Hopefully after that she will settle back.  I am bf too and it can be stressful as you dont know what they are getting.  I do express so I know he is getting one good feed and I also give a bottle of formula at bed time. 

Fingers crossed its the growth spurt !
Mum to my little texbook boy Jack

Offline Colin Macs Mom

• Queen B
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 854
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 01:18:42 am »
Hi there,

My son is almost three months and he rarely sleeps for over 4 hours at a time. He has slept 6 hours straight only twice. When he wakes, I can literally hear his stomach growling. He's a big boy and has been growing fast, so I feel confident that it will calm down and he'll sleep longer when his growing slows a bit. As much as we don't like needing to get up so much with him, what else can you do?
Jessica
Mom to Colin Ronald, August 18, 2005
Spirited + Reflux =  :o

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2005, 04:03:55 am »
I think you can confidently say it is the 3mo growth spurt, so you need to keep offering the extra feeds & it should settle down in 2days-week at the most.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05