Author Topic: 12 weeks old - no more than 2 hours sleep at a time!  (Read 1037 times)

Offline Fergusons-Mum

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
12 weeks old - no more than 2 hours sleep at a time!
« on: November 14, 2005, 16:29:36 pm »
Please help me ! I am a first time Mum and don't know if I'm doing anything wrong - all my friends from Antenatal have their babies sleeping through the night, but Ferguson doesn't and never has.
I put him on EASY a couple of weeks ago as I thought he would start sleeping through. He has taken to the routine during the day fantastically, is eating every 3 hours or so, naps brilliantly 1 3/4 hours normally and is a joy when he is awake. However, I do his dream feed about 10.30pm and he usually (although sometimes he'll wake one or twice) sleeps until 1 or 2am. If he wakes at 1am we give him his dummy, and it will usually hold him off until 2, but then we have to feed him, because he is hungry! No problem in doing that, but after this feed, he can sometimes be awake every hour, or even more often until I feed him at 7am and we are both absolutely exhausted. On his day time feeds he'll take anything from 2-6ozs (I always make 6ozs just incase he wants it!), but usually it's about 4 1/2 at his 2am feed he'll take 5-6ozs.
I am sleeping when he sleeps as often as I can, but just wondered if there was anything we could do ?! Thanks.

Offline PaolaG

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
12 weeks old - no more than 2 hours sleep at a time!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 19:22:53 pm »
I am absolutely no expert at this - my first is 3 months and 1 week!  You could try feeding a bit more during the day - I realised I was making a mistake by only giving Lea one breast (which is what my doctor told me to do) as sometimes she was hungary enough to eat from both.  Also she often eats from one, rests for 10 minutes or so, maybe needs a napy change, and will then eat again.  That might up what she eats during the day.
Also, I wouldn't believe all the mums who are saying their babies are sleeping through the night - I know it sounds unfair, but I started feeling as if mine was the only one who wasn't and came to realise that there is a certain exageration that goes on when talking about how good and wonderful your own baby is!
good luck with it
Paola