Author Topic: Diaper leaking problem at night...  (Read 1045 times)

Offline alex and danny

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
Diaper leaking problem at night...
« on: November 14, 2005, 21:32:01 pm »
My 3 month old sleeps better on his side (with rolled up towels to keep him from rolling)... I am loosing it because almost every night he wakes up fussing and to my surprise he is soaking wet on the side he is sleeping on.  I have tried different brands of diapers - no difference- I have even tried putting a maxi pad with his diaper on the side he sleeps on... no success.  Does anyone have any suggestions ?  Do I have to wake him and change his diaper before it leaks ?  He goes to bed at around 7:30 8 pm - df at 10:30 or 11 pm and wakes wet - usually around 3 am....  I hanve also tried putting a diaper a size bigger - no good either?
Please help :?
Alex with fun and supportive husband Danny; proud parents of our Angel/Touchy Jacob

Offline Paulsmama

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 21:46:57 pm »
Do you change him at the dreamfeed?  Our DS is nearly 8 mos, sleeps on his tummy or his side, and we found if we did not change him at the dreamfeed he would wake up with a leaky diaper 50% of the time.  It's that darn big bedtime bottle.  According to DH who does the dreamfeed, DS most of the time sleeps through the diaper change (wakes up once or twice a week, but then falls right back asleep).
Cynthia

Paul--spirited/March 2005
Joseph--touchy-textbook??/Sept 2006

Offline kendallnangie

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 22:01:31 pm »
I never have had this problem, but a friend of mine did. I told her to use Diaper Doublers, you can find them at the GROCERY stores, not supercenters..anyhow they worked wonders for her.  It kinda looks like a pad so I guess if you don't find 'em then you could maybe try that out too. You just line the diaper with the doubler and put it on as usual.
HTH, Angie

Offline GG

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 103
  • Chicagoland, IL
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 22:27:38 pm »
I suggest changing him during the df as well.  Just make sure to keep the light low and don't talk or interact with him.  Keep it all "business."  He should go to sleep right after.
Georgia, mom to 3 sweet babes: touchy Foti, spirited Lena & not-so-tiny Joanna

Offline alex and danny

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2005, 03:36:15 am »
Thanks.  I will change him before his df and hope it works out!  I'll let you know how it goes! :wink:
Alex with fun and supportive husband Danny; proud parents of our Angel/Touchy Jacob