Author Topic: 5 month old - activities  (Read 972 times)

Offline DN

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 14, 2005, 23:42:49 pm »
Hi,

I have a 5 month old son who seems to be getting very frustrated when playing with his toys.  The toys he does have are age related - he just seems to want to get into everything and he can't and that makes him mad.

Is this normal at this age?  If he could I know he would jump off my lap and run through the house.  I'm thinking that he is going to be a very active little guy and perhaps this is were his frustration comes from.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
DN

Nikki~Nathan&Danielle

5 month old - activities
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 06:18:17 am »
My ds was like this and really didn't play with toys much since he was really active and spent alot of his time working on his motor skills like rolling around the house, trying to crawl, pulling open drawers, playing with the door etc.  It does make for a tiring time for you. I found I needed to move him through different activities quite frequently - playing and singing songs together, I had a tactile box (full of ribbons, sellophane that crinkled, feathers that I'd use to entertain him), I stacked the shapes from the tupperware shap-o toy and let him knock them over, I helped him develop his movement which did help with the frustration a bit, he'd do a little jumping in his jolly jumper (I limited this to 10min slots).

My dd on the other hand isn't like this and will play with her toys and just observe life.

It is a phase, and hopefully once he masters his mobility a bit more he'll be happier.