Author Topic: Feeding before sleeps  (Read 1018 times)

Offline Emmy's Mum

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Feeding before sleeps
« on: November 15, 2005, 04:39:31 am »
Hi all, I have just discovered that my LO prefers to be fed before sleeping. This has probably come about at the babysitters who (despite strict instructions  :? ) may have given her a bottle before her naps on occasion. So because she is sick with the flu I've been continuing with this as it seems to promote sleep and is the most peaceful way of getting her off to sleep. When I put her down, I try to make sure that she is aware of it so that she doesn't become dependent on it for sleep, she usually does a drowsy little stretch then drops right off to sleep and will sleep for a minimum of 1 hour (which is a miracle in itself as she catnaps when I pat/shush her to sleep!). My question is if I continue with this will it become a prop? So, once she is over her flu - should I retrain her to sleep after activity time rather than after a feed? Also, she doesn't sleep through the night at all - she gets up min of 3 times to feed - could this be related to her feeding before sleeps? Thanks in advance for any suggestions!  :)
Em 13/6/2005
Aidan 11/1/2007

Offline ngoest

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 02:16:18 am »
My son too prefered a bottle before naps so thats is just how we do it and have been from about 6wks old it really helps in the wind down routine with him. He never falls asleep with the bottle he is now 7mths old and I just use a small pat on his back. I don't think it will become a prop I too thought that but there comes an age where they just wont fall asleep with the bottle like I would have to keep my son up for about 4hrs for him to fall asleep with a feed. HTH

Nat