Author Topic: 4 mo up every hour to BF  (Read 982 times)

Offline shawkeeney

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 29, 2005, 14:02:38 pm »
Code: [Select]
My 4 mo has had a steady decline in sleeping habits over the last 2 weeks (we went on a trip and it has been downhill ever since).  Last night he was up every hour wanting to BF/pacify on me (he won't take a paci).  He goes down in his crib fine around 8:30, but wakes an hour later for a BF/pacify.  Then he won't go down in his crib after that...he will wake crying every 2 minutes.  We finally got some rest with him in his swing, but then only for an hour at a time.  I think I accidentally parented him starting a few weeks ago because of a bad case of reflux (he is on meds now) when all he wanted to do was BF/pacify to make his tummy feel better.  We are both exhausted and looking for answers.  Would pu/pd work for us?    Thanks for any advice!!!

Offline alison reed

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
4 mo up every hour to BF
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 20:34:19 pm »
Hi

I have had the same experience with my daughter who is now almost 13 months old. She is still bf but is being weaned on to drinking cows milk. She also has a reflux problem. She was also on hourly feeds when she 4 months and in the end when she was 5 1/2 months I had to start weaning on to solids. It could be the 4 month growth spurt or it could be that he is trying to tell you that he is starting to get ready to wean. If you can cope with the hourly feeds for another month it would be best for his digestive system and then think about weaning him by starting with baby rice made up with breastmilk for a few weeks and then start adding in purred vegatables (fresh veg that we eat is best not the baby jars as you then know what they are having and that they are cooked in just water and no salt). I hope this is useful and helps you even though it is hard because of how exhursted you are. I also had a sleep when my daughter had a sleep and I also got my son to take a sleep at the same time aswell as I have a son who is 2 years 9 months older than my daughter.

I will keep an eye on this forum to see how you go with this information and I will reply to any of your replies as I feel I will be able to help you through this difficult time.
Alison

mother of two: