Author Topic: please help me! (6 week terrors)  (Read 912 times)

Offline M&M's Ima

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
please help me! (6 week terrors)
« on: November 15, 2005, 09:02:49 am »
Someone please tell me "hard" babies get easier after three months! I have to hold him 90% of his wake time, and he has such a hard time falling asleep and staying asleep. My back and shoulder kill from holding him and bending over his crib. i've been trying shh-pat and it helps, but then he wakes up every 15 min, sometimes.
Yesterday we were out, so he slept (when he slept instead of screaming) in his snugli-type baby wrap, and today I broke down and put him down on his stomach. He can fall asleep on his own and stay asleep better that way. The swaddle is the only way he can sleep on his back, and even so, with a lot of help that my back isn't up for today, and last time I tried it, he fought it so badly, i'm not up for trying again!
Also, it's almost impossible to hold him all the time, or help him sleep with toddler ds home in the afternoons! if i hold him or "wear" him, i can't really get down and play or hold my two year old, adn i think he's starting to feel it. he's out of the house all morning.
and bedtime is so awful with two! one of them ends up screaming, and older son can't fall asleep without one on one quiet time when he's in bed.
Tell me the lol won't need to be held forever, and will learn how to fall asleep easier!
My boys:
Angel four year old
Spirited two year old
Very Sleepy Baby

Offline corrina01

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 84
  • Norfolk, UK
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 09:38:56 am »
They will learn to fall asleep.

What I did to help my back is take the one side of the cot rail off, and put a pillow so my DD didn't roll.  Then you can sit on the floor and keep ssshh/pat without bending over. She isn't rolling yet, but as soon as she show signs of rolling I will put the cot rail back up.

My DD started to go to sleep more easily at 3.5 months. 

The key is swaddling the whole time, naps and bedtime.  My DD still fights me swaddling her, but as soon as she is in the swaddle, she calms right down.
Corrina
Mum to Faith
A very spirited toddler with a touch of angel

Offline M&M's Ima

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 14:15:34 pm »
Major accidental parenting!

I don't know what to do anymore. I can try for 2 hrs and he just wont settle! ':x'
and i ve ttly abandond my toddler ':cry:'

shouldn't have drtopped the  swaddle,. Nothing seems to help anymore. He's becoming harder and harder to deal with. Wakes up just wanting to be put back to sleep, so that's what I'm doing (or just holding him to pacify him) all day. My shoulders are so sore, and my big DS is starting to get jealous.
I heard that 6 weeks is the hardest and it gets easier from there -ie, they learn how to fall asleep. is this true? ':)'

I've resorted to nursing him to sleep, but the past few days he wakes up as soon as I take it out of his mouth, no matter how long i've been there with him. now he's fallen asleep swaddled in a baby seat and I'm giong to have to take him out to pick up his brother in twenty minutes...
Thank G-d he sleeps at night! (Lately in bed with me, but at least it's all night.)
would greatly appreciate advice and feedback!!
thanks
My boys:
Angel four year old
Spirited two year old
Very Sleepy Baby

Offline annabellesmommy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 34
  • Flower Child
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2005, 15:07:14 pm »
Hi Rafaella,

I am moving this to the sleep forums so that you will get more help.
Molly 5-15-07