Author Topic: Lunch ideas for a 14 month old  (Read 3787 times)

Offline Pixie

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
Lunch ideas for a 14 month old
« on: November 15, 2005, 09:40:22 am »
Hi there,

I am battling for ideas on what to give my ds for lunch. At the moment I am giving him mince or chicken roughly blended with a mixture of veggies. I then give him a 100ml yoghurt after that. But surely this must be getting boring now...

So what are you all feedind your lo for lunch at this stage???

I am giving him finger food for dinner but not much goes down that is why I still feel as if I need to pure his food a little at lunch so I know he has had a good meal during the day. Should I stop this now or wait until he has got the hand of eating by himself ???

Any advise or good easy reciepes would be much appreciated...

Thanks a mil,
Kate
xx

Offline ktmum

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 14
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 11:29:24 am »
Hi my DDs 15 months and is on the same sort of thing
Just for a bit of variety i also give her finger foods at lunch as well as home made stuff.
I stil feed her the pured stuff as you rightly say some goes in her mouth most on the floor ceiling walls me her etcetc :oops:  :lol:  :wink:
I give DD a spoon to hold but shes not quite co ordinated enough yet to direct it in to her mouth ( normally gets an eye ful :roll: )
Any way not much help but to let you know im right there with you :wink:
If you need any finger food ideas just holler :D

Offline Pixie

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 11:53:01 am »
Hey there,

Thanks for advise and yes please - hollering away here as would love some finger food ideas???

Thanks
Kate

Offline tabrenna

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2005, 05:40:53 am »
I have a 10 month old DS that loves food.  For lunch I generally give him 1/2 a cheese sandwich on wheat bread (sometimes I use creamcheese as a spread before putting the cheese on it) and then 1/3 of a banana or 1/2 cup of yogurt.  I also will do an omelette with egg yolk and formula (mushrooms, cheese and meat as additives).  He basically eats what we do but I provide him those type of meals at dinner along with his siblings.

Some finger foods that I provide him are:  toast, bagel, or rice cake with or without creamcheese, dry nutrios, cheese, banana, very soft red apple (I sit with him when he eats the apple).

Offline grahamsmama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 38
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2005, 19:38:01 pm »
Our lunch is pretty boring too, but dd seems to enjoy it.  Shredded cheese, frozen peas, toast/crackers.  Sometimes I give her some of the Gerber meat sticks with the skin peeled off. 

My dd pretty much refuses being fed now (she wants to do it all herself!!), but when she would still tolerate it I would just put her finger foods on her tray (only a little bit at a time as to not overwhelm her or create too much mess) and then try to sneak a little puree in her mouth when she slowed down on the finger foods. 

Today I made something really yummy that both kids ate!
A packet of that Bisquick complete biscuit mix (garlic and cheese flavor), mix with 2 eggs and a cup of whole milk.
First I put chopped up ham, brocolli and cheese in a dish, then poured on the bisquick/egg/milk mix.
Bake at 400 for 25 minutes.  Its good and soft enough for them to eat.

Offline grahamsmama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 38
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2005, 19:41:47 pm »
I almost forgot beans!  Dd loves, loves, loves beans.  I give her ready to eat canned mixed beans.  I do rinse them off before I give them to her.  The chili beans works well.  She likes garbanzos, but I peel them for her and they are a little harder to chew.