Author Topic: 4 month BF position ideas  (Read 1171 times)

Offline daisymelan

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 121
    • My Site Dedicated to BW.
4 month BF position ideas
« on: November 15, 2005, 15:48:23 pm »
Just wondering what positions you mamas use for BFing.

Did you change them as they got older?  I'm just wondering if their is another position I should try now that he has neck control, etc.  I currently use the position where his body is against mine.  He faces me 100% and lays across my lap (tummy to tummy).  I used to use a nursing pillow, but I find he is a little too high up now.  There currently isn't anything wrong with the way we are doing it, just looking for new ideas.

I have tried the football hold, but it doesn't really work for us.  He will nurse while I'm laying down, but that's usually reserved for night feeds.

Any ideas or suggestions? 

Many thanks!!!

Jodie
Mom to O (July 20/05) and L (Dec 25/06)

Offline DeannaB

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 13
    • My Blog
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 16:10:04 pm »
I still use the cradle hold and always will.  It's not so much about neck control with the positions but that they are straining their neck to reach you or you are not leaning into them.  The main point is comfort for both of you for the length of the feed.  I try to always have ds's tummy completely against mine so as to make him as comfortable as possible and not putting strain on his neck to reach me.   :)
Zachary 9/22/01  Kalla 7/21/03
Micah 6/29/05   Maressa 2/13/07

Visit my BLOG

Offline GraceKellysmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 104
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 18:54:16 pm »
I used the cradle hold forever too. If the nursing pillow is too high, you can try a smaller pillow. I like a pillow because it not only is more comfortable for baby, but puts less strain on my nipple too.

As Max has gotten older, he sometimes likes to sit in my lap and nurse. Not exactly comfortable!  :lol:
Stacy, Mama to
Grace Kelly 01/03, Maximilian Alexander 07/04, Faith Noelle 03/07, Henry Patrick 12/08
and my angel babies