Author Topic: CatNap Ideas?  (Read 993 times)

Offline Mom to M&M

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
CatNap Ideas?
« on: November 15, 2005, 17:04:35 pm »
My 3-month old naps very well in her crib - except for the catnap. And I have no problem with that one being in the stroller or elsewhere. But some days we can't go out in stroller (weather issues). She doesn't usually nap well in her swing. Any other ideas for her to get a 40-minute or so catnap?
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline Taylor's Mommy

• Showing Appreciation 17
  • Long Beach, CA
    • http://www.taylormadellc.com
CatNap Ideas?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 03:54:26 am »
Jane (Matthew's Mommy) once told me that the cat nap is a freebie...so that means do what you want or have to do to get the cat nap in  :wink:

Will she fall asleep in your arms?  I found that the catnap was always a great chance for the grandparents to get some cuddle time (or me too since I never really napped with dd).
How about a car ride?  Or the sling/infant carrier?  Or lie down and take a nap with her.

those are my best ideas...anyone else?
Andrea
Taylor-Textbook Baby
DOB 04/19/05

Sydney-too soon to tell, but looking EASY
DOB 05/20/07

Offline Deb_in_oz

• Showing Appreciation 615
  • personal development blogger
CatNap Ideas?
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2005, 04:45:26 am »
a couple of times when i could not get out in the rain (this happened with both girls) i put her in the pram and covered it up and pushed it around in the apartment/house (she did not know we had not gone out, but the motion and change of location did the trick and i got the nap in and we got back on track for the day) i have done this when at friends' houses and alex woudl not nap in the porta-cot.  HTH
Debra - a New Yorker living in Australia married to a Brit

dd1 - Textbook/Angel, born July 2003
dd2 - Spritied through & through, born Feb 2005

Check out my website:   Home Life Simplified
Like my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/HomeLifeSimplified

Offline Mom to M&M

• Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
CatNap Ideas?
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2005, 13:33:40 pm »
Thanks guys. Unfortunately, she no longer will fall asleep in my arms (or anyone elses really) - she hasn't since about 6 weeks old! She's not big on the sling either. Car rides are great but don't happen too often since we live in Manhattan...

Debra - will try that with stroller. Thanks.
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01