Author Topic: want to "tank him up"  (Read 1086 times)

Offline maricar

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
want to "tank him up"
« on: November 15, 2005, 20:43:08 pm »
i'm not sure if i'm posting this in the right place so please redirect it if needed... thanks :)

ds still has 2 - 3 night wakings... so i've been pumping in between feeds (not all, maybe half of them) in order to increase my milk supply so i can "tank him up" during the day.  he either gets a dreamfeed around 11pm or wakes up for one a little sooner.  (btw, should i move the df up so that he doesn't wake up?  i've been waiting until 4 hrs after his last feed.  and i figure, the later i give it to him, hopefully, the longer he'll stay asleep until the next waking... make sense?)

my other questions are:  how do i know when he's getting enough during the day so i can stop pumping?  i assume it's when his night wakings decrease... but am not sure.  should i be pumping regularly in between all feeds in order to increase my supply (i tend to forget until too close to the next feed which is why i only pump half of the time).  and if i'm pumping in between feeds, isn't he getting less at the next feed than he would have if i didn't pump... or has my breast produced enough milk to replace it by then?  (we're on a 4hr easy, btw)  those are all the questions i can think of for now... i'm sure there are more.  there's always more :wink:

thanks to anyone who can shed some light on these issues for me :)   sorry it's so long, i know i tend to ramble on & on.

Offline sara_derek

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 14
    • family homepage
want to "tank him up"
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 01:44:06 am »
Hi, I moved this to the breastfeeding forum because I think most of your questions better fit here.  HTH!
Canyon 12/27/02
Christian 7/4/05

Angel#1 12/23/01
Angel #2 5/23/06
Angel #3 11/27/06