Author Topic: my 19 month waking up 2-3 times a night  (Read 1226 times)

Offline star

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
my 19 month waking up 2-3 times a night
« on: November 15, 2005, 23:17:56 pm »
My liltte lady wakes up sreaming 2-3 times a night. I've tried sleeping on the floor in her room, leting her sleep in my bed. I need a full night rest without sleeping on the floor. I try comforting her than putting her back in bed. an hour latter she's screaming. HELP   I just want a night without her in my bed or me one the floor in her room

stasztk

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 04:03:10 am »
Hi shauna
Are you interested in reading the toddler book?

Offline charliegirl

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2005, 14:33:56 pm »
My 19 month old wakes up 2-3 times a night also. I have to say at this point, with crossed fingers, that he seems to be moving into a slightly better phase. Previously he would wake up crying, and we would wait to see if he settled himself before going in to try to settle him. Now he wakes but goes back to sleep (I, however, would be awake now). This doesn't always happen mind, we do still have to go in and settle him sometimes, but it is a step in the right direction and we are VERY happy with this.

My first questions to you would be:
a) Has your ds got a structured bedtime routine, and for that matter a good sleeping and eating routine during the day?
b) Does she know how to fall asleep on her own or do you rock, feed etc her to sleep?

I learnt a lot about the importance of routine and bad habits from Tracy's books. Have you read any of them?

Two other factors have affected my son's sleep, in my opinion, and they are almost constant teething with molars, which seems to affect him more at night and the fact that things like that waking him and me going in to comfort him has led to a bit of a habit of him expecting me to help him settle.

Does any of this sound familiar? Hope it helps a bit.  :lol:

PS I too have spent many nights on a mattress in his room, but less now. I do try to creep out when he sleeps as I have felt sometimes that just my presence (maybe he can smell or hear me) disturbs him. But that may be nonsense. So much speculating goes on!! :roll: