Author Topic: trying to move up bedtime.... I need to add a nap somewhere  (Read 901 times)

Offline Gage and Sophie's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 17
  • How lucky am I?
trying to move up bedtime.... I need to add a nap somewhere
« on: November 16, 2005, 08:01:06 am »
I am currently trying to implement Tracy's 3 hr EASY, but Gage is stuck on having a bedtime of 10:00pm. No matter how hard I try to put him to bed early he falls and stays asleep at 10!

My problem is this: His naps are about 45 min, and I am currently trying to extend them with the wake to sleep method. Sometimes Gage gets good sleep and often times he doesnt. Anyway he just doesnt want to nap after 5/6ish and by 10 he is sooooo overtired I cry more than he does! Should I add another 3 hour block (feed and nap) and keep the 10 bedtime? Or should I put him to bed at 7 (Tracy's bedtime) as a nap and hope it will gradually become his bedtime? Help! I am going mad! :(  :(  :(

Offline Katet

• Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 10:01:44 am »
I would definitely put him to sleep earlier than 10pm, whether it be a nap or part of night sleep, either way when you feed him next just feed him no activity time. I'm not sure what age your lo is, but if he is under 3mo, sometimes it is hard to have a set bedtime, so just work with his sleep cues for a week or 2 & make sure he isn't too overtired & then you can kind of "manipulate" his bedtime to suit your ideal time.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05

Offline Taylor's Mommy

• Showing Appreciation 17
  • Long Beach, CA
    • http://www.taylormadellc.com
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 04:28:03 am »
Hi,

I agree with Kate.  I think you said Gage is 9 weeks old?  at this age 9 pm was the earliest we could get Taylor to bed as well, most nights it was 9:30...so I can relate!  Just hang in there and keep shooting for 7pmish bed time and eventually he will get there.  By 12 weeks or so Taylor was going to bed around 8:30, and then by 14 weeks she was going to bed by 7:30ish. 

Just remember that this is very common as he is still very young.
Andrea
Taylor-Textbook Baby
DOB 04/19/05

Sydney-too soon to tell, but looking EASY
DOB 05/20/07