Author Topic: He was doing so well...  (Read 1056 times)

Offline jbepko

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 32
He was doing so well...
« on: November 16, 2005, 11:04:15 am »
So mad at myself...I had his diaper area cleared, his eczema under control, his scalp looking good, and semi-regular BM....then blew it this weekend (I think it was some cookies I ate)!! Now his skin is a mess....so frustating!! At least now I KNOW that it is milk. Oh well....hoping I have more will power. I had been doing well for 3-4 weeks, just being at home on the weekends is so hard- there are too many diary rich snacks- and I can't get rid of them all. DD loves her yogurt and cheese. THe cookies were something special we do together, didn't have time to make from scratch with a 3 mo old around (DH worked all weekend) and used the Nestle Toll-House ready-mades.
Jeni

Offline chell

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
  • Showing Appreciation 94
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 12:54:12 pm »
Hi, my son has serious dairy allergies and there are lots of different things you can do. I give him alpro soya yoghurt which he loves, you can bake using soya or rice milk. You could give you daughter these as well, so it reduces the risk of cross contamination. I know how hard it is though and have to be very careful about shop bought products. You can get dairy free chees, which suprisingly tastes ok. Some of the cereals are ok too -Kellogs cornflakes, shreddies, weetabix - but always check the ingredients. I have almost become obesseive about it! But you do get used to it then it becomes second nature.
I don't log on a lot, as we have probs with our computer at the mo. But I'll try to check in again soon.

Good luck.
An obedient soldier fights a fools war

[img=http://www.images/t4.gif=http://www.images/t4.gif]http://www.babywhis

Offline GraceKellysmom

• Showing Appreciation 104
He was doing so well...
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2005, 20:30:03 pm »
Ghiradelli makes a dairy free semi sweet. Can you make the batter ahead some time and freeze it? Or sometimes I will mix up the mix during one nap and bake during the next ... that is desperation! But LOL sometimes I NEED cookies!  :lol:  :lol:

Do the best you can to get the temptation out of the house and find great substitutes. You'll never miss those Toll House once you taste Ghiradelli!  :wink:
Stacy, Mama to
Grace Kelly 01/03, Maximilian Alexander 07/04, Faith Noelle 03/07, Henry Patrick 12/08
and my angel babies

Offline jbepko

• Showing Appreciation 32
He was doing so well...
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2005, 02:54:41 am »
I am going to have to freeze some batter...love my cookies!!! Isn't that the advantage of BF-- extra calorie burn!!! We see the allergist in two weeks, so maybe I can get some clear guidance if milk and soy or just milk.
Jeni