Author Topic: Switching 8 month old to bottles from breast  (Read 1041 times)

Offline KarlaUSA

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Switching 8 month old to bottles from breast
« on: November 16, 2005, 13:25:56 pm »
I am having a lot of trouble with my son! He is my second and it was so easy with my daughter... oh well... anyway, he has had free reign with my breasts and now is not really interested in bottles. I have been trying to keep him to the schedule in the book of 4 bottles and 3 solids per day, but he is only taking about 6oz a day!! This morning he woke up with a dry nappy.... I say wake-up... but we only really got 3 hours sleep! We are on day 5 of this fight... and I fear he is winning! He loves his solids and if I let him he would eat two jars per feed. Should I cut back on solids so he is hungrier? He seems to only drink just enough so he isn't starving and then is done. He also seems to be a bit constipated.... so yesterday I gave him prunes and oatmeal and lots of water.... but no action yet...
YIKES.. I feel like I am in such a mess!! :(
XXX
Karla

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2005, 14:46:34 pm »
Hello!
If you haven't already, check out this link - maybe it will help.  Also, you may want to try a sippy cup vs a bottle (try without the valve too)  :D

http://www.babywhisperer.com/forum/share-your-tips-for-getting-b-fed-babies-to-take-a-bottle-vt9215.html

Personally, I would let him eat as much solids as he'll take though he should be taking more than 6 oz of milk..??  I see your dilemma.  Let us know how it's going.......
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom

Offline KarlaUSA

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2005, 15:08:17 pm »
Thank you!! I think we turned a corner last night. At 2am he took 6oz... after a whole 24 hours of none... so we'll see how today goes...
I will try the sippy cup again, although he will drink water with one, as soon as he smells the milk he has been slaming his mouth shut!
I will win this battle of wills!! My husband says he is stuborn like me.... :shock:
Karla