Author Topic: Development issues?  (Read 1033 times)

Offline lizzie27

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Development issues?
« on: November 17, 2005, 11:20:28 am »
I wonder if anyone can give me any advice on my dd's development. She is just short of six months and is not showing any signs of rolling over. She will sit for a few seconds but then she pushes up on her feet and falls backward. When I put her on her tummy she gets very frustrated. She can lift her head and chest easily but after a minute or two she puts her face in the floor and cries. She has very strong legs and she tucks her knees up under her and tries to push up when on her tummy. When she is on her back she pushes up with her legs and bum. All she seems to want to do is to stand up. She is also going through a stage of being very demanding. She wont play on her own and wants entertaining all the time.

I have tried to encourage her to roll over but this is not working. She wont reach for a toy, she just cries until I give her it.

Sorry to waffle on but I am getting concerned.  :?

Lizzie - Mum to Evie 26 weeks

Offline ryan's mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 374
  • North Wales U.K
Development issues?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 12:01:53 pm »
ryan never rolled over , hated tummy time so he wouldn't even try roll over.he would go his side and that's about it.13/14mths old before he roled over !!!!he bottom shuffled at 13 mths no crawling.late walker at 17mths and is a late talker.i would say don't worry she will do it when she's ready
[img width= height=]http://tac.families.com/tickers/tdb.php?tid=1032165&ignore=1[/img]Ryan James 9 Nov 2003

[img width= height=]http://lafemmebonita.com/blinkies//Pregnancy%20and%20Babies/ILoveMySon.gif[/img]

son , I may have silver in my hair but you are the gold in my heart .

Offline cwolff

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
Development issues?
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 23:34:29 pm »
Try this, instead of handing her the toy, take her opposite hand and guide it over her body to the toy.  Keep doing this until she gets the hang of it.  It may take a while.  Try to resist simply handing her the toy, show her how to get it herself.  You can also try to jangle toys out of sight, over her head to get her to turn onto her side and look over her shoulder.  Also, when she is on her tummy and ready to turn back over, don't pick her up and turn her over.  Guide her arm and leg over her body and let her get used to the feeling of being "rolled" over.  My DD isn't doing what I thought she'd be doing by this time.  I try not to compare, but it's hard sometimes.