Author Topic: Which is better: exersaucer or jumperoo?  (Read 2495 times)

Offline momtoelise

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« on: November 18, 2005, 16:42:28 pm »
So, we've been borrowing our nephew's exersaucer for Elise the past couple months & she just doesn't like it very much.  :roll:   However, when I put her in the Baby Einstein one in the store she seems to like it a lot - she also seems to like the Jumperoo.  We want to get her one of them - but am wondering which people have liked more.  Anyone have any words of wisdom as far as which one we'd get more long-term use out of?  I want to get her used to one before she becomes too mobile & my freedom is gone!!  :lol:

Thanks!
Heather
Mom to Elise (2005), Jack (2008), Isaac (2012)

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
Which is better: exersaucer or jumperoo?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2005, 16:48:50 pm »
well all i can say that is that my dd absolutely LOVES her jumperoo!!!  i haven't yet tried her in an exersaucer altho i am thinking about getting her one for christmas, but the jumperoo has been a godsend for us.  since she was just over three months old (she was already very steady with her neck) we put her in the jumperoo with a little "step stool" cuz she couldn't reach the ground  :)
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline ~Kellie~

• Mummy~Moo~Ma
  • Showing Appreciation 105
  • Mummy's Boy
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2005, 16:50:04 pm »
We have a Jumperoo and dd can't get enough of it, she really loves it and is in it a couple of times a day. 

I haven't tried the exersaucers so I can't compare the two, just wanted to say that the Jumperoo is great! :lol:

Wilsmon

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2005, 17:38:41 pm »
Mine always liked the exersauser more - but I don't have the jumperoo but the older Johnny Jumper I think they called them that hangs in the door.  Mine never seemed to bounce very well so that may be why.  My sister has both and hers likes the jumperoo alot.

Offline LHightower

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2005, 06:29:35 am »
My vote is for the Jumperoo!  My son is now 11 months old and still enjoys "jumping" for atleast 20 minutes a day.   We first purchased his Jumperoo when he was 4 months old and he loved it from the very beginning.  Plus, it makes for very cute home movies!   :P
Mommy to Jonathan
Born:  December 16, 2004

Offline Tammy: Ethan & Kaden's Mom

• Showing Appreciation 14
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2005, 14:21:48 pm »
We have the Baby Einstein exersaucer, and my SIL lent us the Jumperoo.  Of the two, I think ds loves the jumperoo more.  He does like the exersaucer, but he's a guy on the go, and doesn't want to sit still in it for that long.  He's taken to pulling up on the outside of it and playing with some of the toys that way.  But he's also figured out how to pull up on the outside of the jumperoo to reach the toys in the front of that as well!   :roll:  :lol:

Anyway, if you were only going to buy one, I would buy the jumperoo.  But, I suppose it depends on how "active" your child is!

Also, I believe the jumperoo goes up higher than the baby einstein.  The jumperoo can go up to level 4 (we are on level 3 - ds is 30" tall), exersaucer goes up to level 3.  However, the baby einstein exersaucer can be used taller than all the other saucers.

Anyway, depending on how mobile your child is, I'd go for the jumperoo.  You can always take it back if they don't like it!

Offline Carter'sMama

• Showing Appreciation 45
  • Windsor, Canada
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2005, 14:39:06 pm »
We didn't know which to buy either so we found this one called the "Jitter Buggy".  It is in the shape of a car and has lots of fun toys attached but they can also jump like crazy in it because the supports are springs.  DS loves it still and we have had it for 3 months!!
Cathy - Mama to:
Carter Luke - March 29, 2005
Mason Henry - April 7, 2007
Daphne Catherine Grace - May 30, 2010