Author Topic: waking during illness  (Read 968 times)

Offline helenj

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 14, 2005, 10:46:52 am »
My 7 month old is in the middle of a horrible ear infection and as a result is sleeping terribly at night. He only manages to stay awake for an hour at a time and it takes up to 2 hours, sometimes more, to settle him back to sleep. I am exhausted (looking after him on my own - dh working long shifts away from home and no friends or family around) and was wondering whether anyone has any tips on how to get back into our routine?? I have tried doing PU/D but to be honest, I feel he just needs the extra cuddles at the moment. And the only way I am managing to get him to sleep is to hold him until he does so on me. I know this is going to put us back so much, but just don't know what else to do. Any advice much appreciated! Thanks

Offline mama1

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 11:11:45 am »
Helenj,

I know what you are going throught,have DS 13 months,has been on antibiotic for last 3 weeks trying to get rid of ear infection & tonsilits.Like you the only way I can get him to sleep is in my arms or beside me on the bed.Our routine is totally gone.We had been doing so well, DS asleep every night by 8.00pm but then hit bad bout of teething and now this. It just breaks my heart to see him in such pain so I have decided the only thing to do is go with the flow until DS is fully well and then get started on a routine again.What choice do we have especially when hugs are the only thing that seem to comfort him?

Mama1

Offline helenj

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2005, 18:53:55 pm »
thank you so much for your post. I feel a bit less alone now! It just seems to get worse; to be honest I could cry! We were doing so well and I feel now like we've gone back to new born days, with him needing to feed to sleep and being in my bed again. But you're so right - what can you do? They need the extra tlc and it is only for a short time. I only hope that he can remember to get back into his old habits soon!! Good luck with your little one.
H