Author Topic: solution to no/short afternoon nap  (Read 1022 times)

Offline thitz

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 13
  • Emily and Elliot
solution to no/short afternoon nap
« on: November 18, 2005, 21:22:53 pm »
I just wanted to share what I do if my almost 9month old has a really short (like 20mins or less) afternoon nap or won't nap at all.  It works really well for us :D

If she sleeps for 20mins cause she fell asleep in the car after running errands or can't settle properly or doesn't fall asleep,  I do a couple pu/pds, but I find if she has the energy to fight sleeping then she has the energy to play.  So....I get her up and play with her a bit, then I give the bottle that I would normally give after the nap (cause by then we're within an hour of it anyways) then we do our windown and I put her down to nap again.  I usually get at least a 45mins nap this way.  It works really well for us :D !  And then we're not too far off routine and she can stay awake till her normal bedtime.

This only happens once in awhile and she's wide awake while eating so I think it goes along well with the EASY way of thinking.

Tarri

Offline Noelle

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 53
  • Eau Claire, WI
solution to no/short afternoon nap
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2005, 21:35:05 pm »
Yep absolutely!! That's what I consider "tweaking" EASY so it works for you - great job!!  :D
**Noelle**  Formerly JohnandZoesMom