Author Topic: strange night wakings for 11.5 month old  (Read 1061 times)

Gigismom

strange night wakings for 11.5 month old
« on: November 23, 2005, 02:27:58 am »
my usually great sleeper is having trouble!  for the past week or so, she has been waking every night at about 1 am.  a couple of times, she just cried lightly on and off for about 30 mins.  enough to keep me up, but i didn't have to go in.  but some nights, she starts off crying lightly, then starts crying hard, so i go in and pick her up.  once i pick her up, she is mostly asleep, her eyes are closed, but flutter open occasionally.  she flips and flops around in my arms until i think she is uncomfortable, so i put her back down.  then she starts crying lightly, then hard, so i pick up again...repeat.  this has gone on for up to 1.5 hours. 
there have been no changes in her schedule or diet, no milestones.  anyone have any idea what this may be?  am i handling it appropriately?  i want to comfort her if she needs it, but don't want to create a new bad habit.  TIA.

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
strange night wakings for 11.5 month old
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 03:04:55 am »
My thoughts are you may find there is a big development coming up or she is brewing new teeth. I think if you deal with it consistently, giving her attention when she needs it & letting her settle herself when she can, it should run its course & get better
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05