Author Topic: Errands Are A Nightmare!  (Read 965 times)

Offline Mom2katiebug

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 151
Errands Are A Nightmare!
« on: November 20, 2005, 04:18:49 am »
I already feel like a house-bound hermit with my beautiful 4WO daughter, but the last couple of times we've taken her out to run errands, she turned into a monster albeit a lovable monster.  It's very confusing to us since we time our schedule so that she's in the car sleeping during the Sleep part of the routine.  If it's a longer outing, we stop at her normal Eating times to feed her (she'll naturally wake at her eating time). 

Even though she's been eating and sleeping during our errands, she seems starving and overtired when we get home.  It's almost impossible to get her to settle on the next couple of go-rounds of her routine (even up to 24 hours later) and sometimes she'll suck her bottles dry and cry for more. 

Are these things related or is it just a coincidence?  Any thoughts?  Do I have to stay home forever?!?
"Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you also have an obligation to be one."  - Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline Johno & Aurelias Mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 49
Errands Are A Nightmare!
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2005, 12:10:16 pm »
Hi

It is really hard to start with, I remember feeling the same as you.

Aim low would be my first piece of advice.  JUst don't try and get too many things done in one errand.  I found that a really hard adjustment but once you re-evaluate your expectations and lower them, it really helps.

It could be all sorts of things adding to your problems, a growth spurt, a sudden realisation that there's a world out there etc. etc.

I would just try and make it so that you are only out for one sleep maximum.  Get into a good routine and that will make things much easier in the future.
Jenny