Author Topic: Fireplace Hazard, What To Do?!  (Read 1433 times)

Offline JacobMarksMummy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 38
  • Jacob Mark From Lincolnshire, UK
Fireplace Hazard, What To Do?!
« on: November 20, 2005, 11:13:08 am »
Not sure this is the right board for this question but here goes anyway. I have an open fire and cannot seen to find a firegaurd to go around it as all the ones I find are about five cm too short in the depth. I have found a site that makes firegaurds to specifications but this is v.expensive :shock:  and we havnt got that much to spend on one (about £30) Has anyone got any ideas as to how I can make it safe for DS he has just started crawling and I keep thinking one day I will come in the room and he will have gone for look up the chimeny and gotten stuck! :shock:  Any thoughts more than welcome as I am at a complete blank.

Thanks
Nome
X
Nome, Mummy to :-
Jacob Mark - 26/04/05
Beatrice Anita 31/10/06

Offline 15milner

• Showing Appreciation 211
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2005, 14:00:36 pm »
Hi

Check out e-bay, they have quite a number.  Don't know if this is what you are looking for?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Black-Extending-Nursery-Fireguard-Fire-Guard_W0QQitemZ7365845872QQcategoryZ20434QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The other thing that sells well there and therefore gets quite pricy is the babydan.  It can be changed into a number of 'shapes'.  I have seen it stretched out with a gate to extend across the end of a room to section it off.

HTH

Good luck with what you are looking for.
Alex

Offline 15milner

• Showing Appreciation 211

Offline JacobMarksMummy

• Showing Appreciation 38
  • Jacob Mark From Lincolnshire, UK
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005, 09:18:12 am »
Thanks Alex! I am bidding on one at the mo! Didnt even cross my mind to look on ebay a bit daft of me really cos I am selling DS old clothes on there at the mo! :roll:

Thanks
Nome
X
Nome, Mummy to :-
Jacob Mark - 26/04/05
Beatrice Anita 31/10/06

Offline evanskimberley

• Showing Appreciation 118
  • Kent, GB
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2005, 19:10:57 pm »
Good luck on finding one, just wanted to add that we haven't ever had a fireplace and haven't needed one.
DD was a bit interested in it when hse was first mobile, but we distracted her to high heaven and she went off it. She doesn't bother with it at all now. I think she's only ever touched it three or four  times. Having said that we don't have it on during the day so that helps.
Kimberley