Author Topic: what to do? Is this bad?  (Read 1135 times)

Offline Kimberly®

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 126
what to do? Is this bad?
« on: November 20, 2005, 14:55:02 pm »
We fought really hard to get our spirited LO on the easy routine. Not an easy feat by any means. Well we did it.
Unfortunitly I had a couple weeks that we had to go out practically everyday we worked that into her routine and things were smooth. We go out 2-3 days a week regularly and it doesn't seem to bother my DD.
The problem I'm running into is that on the days I don't go out it seems to throw her routine off  :shock: I would have figured it would be the other way around.
What I want to know is first is this a bad thing that she's used to going out? Should I worry that she's starting to depend on it?
And 2 if it is bad.. how can I fix it?
Kimberly

Nikki~Nathan&Danielle

what to do? Is this bad?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2005, 18:35:52 pm »
Well it's only if it bothers you that you may want to look at changing it.  Yes, it probably has started to impact on how your lo's routine is - especially if you were driving in the car while she was sleeping etc.  Long-term you probably do want to try and get her used to a home routine as well so you're not having to rely on going out to have a good day.  When she goes onto 2 naps a day you may find it more difficult to be out all day and her also have a good day.  If you are the type to be out, well you probably just need to realise that that's the way your lo will expect it to be and you may need to work harder on her routine when at home - so a lot of pu/pd may be needed.  Its your call really.

What specifically is throwing the routine out?  Is it something you want to fix?

Offline Kimberly®

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 126
what to do? Is this bad?
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2005, 23:29:12 pm »
I would like to fix it because I know she'd be a happier baby, however I'm not really sure what it is I need to fix. If that makes sence.
I don't have a car so she's not used to that.
We go to different mommy and me classes and its almost like she misses them.
Kimberly

Nikki~Nathan&Danielle

what to do? Is this bad?
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005, 00:02:28 am »
I think it would be a good idea to at least set aside 2 wks where you can work on getting her back on track.  There is a plan in the new BW book for working on that (probably treat it like you haven't had a routine).  At 3mths I don't think she'll be actually missing the classes as such, but just more that she's used to going out and having the other stimulation.  You can do both though!  Get her back on track first, then maybe attend one class a week that is best timed with her activity time and maybe only affecting one nap time.  I found if I had a day at home after an "out" day it helped my ds get back on track (he was quite touchy to being off his routine, whereas my dd hasn't much choice really in being out and about when she'd rather be home).

HTH, read up the book as if you are reading it for the first time and take it from there.  Ask away if there's anything we can help with. :)