Author Topic: What should I do about the dreamfeed?  (Read 965 times)

Offline littleyao

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 20, 2005, 19:28:42 pm »
Hi there...I had put up a posting a few days ago about whether or not to dreamfeed my 4 month old...I tried it last night and the results weren't as great as I had expected....but my DD's schedule started to change too...so i'm wondering if anyone has any advice for me...

her schedule used to be like this--
7pm last feeding
7:45pm in bed
3-4am middle-of-the-night feeding
8-8:30am up for the day

then for the past week, it's been looking more like this--
7pm last feeding
7:30-7:45pm in bed
1:45-2:30am middle-of-the-night feeding
7am up for the day

so since she was consistently getting up so early in the middle of the night, we decided to try a dreamfeed...i gave her one from 11-11:15pm and she took a good 5.5 ounces...everything went well...then she woke up at 3:30am!  :shock:  ...the DF only bought me an extra hour??...I couldn't believe it...we tried not feeding her, but she fussed and cried for over 30 minutes and was acting like she was hungry, so we fed her and she took 4 ounces...should we have not fed her and let her cry?...

so what should I do about the DF?...should I try it again to see what happens?...does it take babies a few days to realize that they don't need to wake up again if they had the DF?...I'm confused  :(

can somebody help?....thanks...

Offline Mariek

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 225
  • If the Beatles had read Hunter
    • My Blog: Protect The Cookie!
What should I do about the dreamfeed?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 22:20:19 pm »
Hi Wendy

I replied to your email with some DFing tips. With regards this question - can you tell us her schedule for the rest of the day so we can get an idea about how much she's taking in throughout the day.

thanks
Marie