Author Topic: Early waker schedule  (Read 1117 times)

Offline Jess-J&E

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 16
« on: November 21, 2005, 12:38:36 pm »
I apologize if this has been asked before ...........but I have looked on the EASY board and some other places and I am finding most schedules for kiddos that wake at a normal hour in the morning :wink
Ethan since day one has been an early waker and despite everything I have tried I think this is just who he is.  He has been waking at an average of 5:30-6 for over a year now.
My question is for those of you who have toddlers that wake at 7am or earlier, what does your day look like??  When do your little ones eat and sleep.  Our day currently looks something like this:

5:45(average) wake
6:30- milk
7:30-Breakfast
10:30- Big Snack (to hold him over to lunch after his nap)
11-1- Nap
1- Lunch
3:30- Snack
5:00- Dinner
6:00- Small Bedtime snack with milk
bedtime routine
6:45- Bed

I just cannot seem to get bedtime later.  Every single time I have tried he slowly creeps it back by waking earlier or taking a shorter nap.  I can put him to bed at 8 and he still wakes at 5 or so (earlier when I put him to bed later) I don't know how to make the nap later either because he is really tired at 11. I guess when he gets a bit older he will be able to go 6 hours before his nap so it can move to 12 but  I don't see it getting much later than that.  Is there anything wrong with this schedule??  He is getting about 11 hours at night and 2 during the day so the amount of sleep is fine it is all just shifted an hour earlier than I would like.

Thanks in advance for you schedules and input :D
Jess
Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline elfin

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
Early waker schedule
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 17:17:04 pm »
Hi Jess,

We dealt with the early wakings for what felt like forever!  Some days as early as 4:30am!!  Just ride it out, and hopefully he will start to sleep later.  One thing you could try is pushing his nap back a bit.  I found with Myles if I put him down for his nap early, it would almost encourage the early wakings even more.  To give you a bit of hope, Myles has been sleeping until 6:30am for the last month or so consistently!  I didn't change anything, or have any magic solution, he really just did it on his own.
Carrie

Myles 12/06/03

elfin@thebabywhisperer.com

Offline sacmommy

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 7
Early waker schedule
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 20:38:58 pm »
My dd wakes fairly early as well (not as early as my son used to wake up, but it's still painful at times!) Her schedule is something like this:

6:00(average) wake
7:00 - Breakfast (doesn't really eat)
7:30 - Milk (after breakfast to encourage her to eat!)
9:30 - Snack (starts getting hungry)
11 - Lunch
12-2 - Nap (nap starts between 11:30-12:30 & it lasts 2+ hrs)
3:30 - Snack
5:45 - Dinner
6:50- Bath and bedtime routine
7:15- Bed

I have been trying all kinds of tricks to move her morning wake time later (later naps, later bedtime, earlier bedtime), but so far haven't succeeded :)
Rose
Karina - Jan 24, 2004
Calvin - Sept 23, 2001

Offline Carmela's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 16:48:03 pm »
6:20 wake up (this is an average...normally it's somewhere between 5:30-7 with a few night wakings)
7:00 water
8:00 breakfast...she is never hungry when she wakes
10:30 milk and light snack
11:30-2 nap
2:00 lunch
5:30 dinner
6:00 bath
7:00 bedtime