Author Topic: Wants to eat all the time  (Read 996 times)

Offline RachelC

• Girl Scout Extraordinaire
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 865
Wants to eat all the time
« on: November 21, 2005, 20:37:19 pm »
Ok, my lo was doing great... a nice 2.5/3 hour EASY routine and most of the time, good naps.  Yesterday she decided to eat, be up for an hour, sleep for an hour and then want to eat again (all day... a 2 hour EASY).  Last night was great.  She slept 8:30-4:30 with a dream feed at 11.  Today she is wanting to eat even more frequently.  I am breast feeding and she has been taking 10 minute feeds since about 5 weeks and she is not feeding for any less amount of time.  I am thinking growth spurt... when will it stop?  Will she go back to 2.5/3 hour EASY?  She is 10 weeks old today.  Oh, and she has a slight cold (thanks big sis  :D )
Thanks

Proud to have breastfed for a combined total of 35 months

Offline llambden

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 3
  • Calvin Oct 16/05
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 23:05:30 pm »
I would think because she is not feeling very good maybe she just needs the comfort (she might not be eating as much at feed because she not feeling good) or maybe she is having a grow sprut.  I would give it a couple of days to see how things go.  But if it continue I would try to hold her off to every 3 hrs (which could be very hard.)  I know my little boy (5wks) was always feeding every 3 hrs and then suddenly he went 4 hrs feed then a 2 hrs.  I feed him anyways, then in a couple of days he is now 3-4 hours for feedings.  Sometimes they just might need the little extra.

I hope things work out for you!

Lori
LORI

annamum

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 23:45:45 pm »
I would feed as often as she wants for now. It may be a growth spurt, they sometimes happen earlier than in a book.

Also because she is not feeling well she may need to nurse more often because she needs more fluids and comfort. Keep it going for some time, at least until she is better and then see if she is ready to go back to her normal routine.