Author Topic: 4 month old doesn't have much A time  (Read 1505 times)

Offline Angelakm

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
4 month old doesn't have much A time
« on: November 22, 2005, 01:12:07 am »
My 4 month old only has about an hour and 15 min. active time and is still waking up in the night.  Shouldn't she have longer awake time and be sleeping through the night?  About a month ago she was staying up for 1 1/2 to 2 hours and sleeping all night.
Angela

Offline MCGoldsmith

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2005, 03:59:59 am »
I'm sorry I can't give you any advice on this... I have been checking this post because I am going through the same thing. I can't help but wonder if my lo just gets bored w/me  :(  or if I'm not stimulating him enough because when we are out running errands or something he can manage to stay awake. ?? Oh well- hope we can get some advice! I'm feeling like my ds is ready for a 4 hour EASY but I can't manage to extend his A time w/out a meltdown which causes him to become overtired  :? Any ideas or thoughts anyone??
Meredith

Offline alison toms mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 40
  • my little bundles of trouble
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2005, 14:21:53 pm »
when i extended toms A time he use to get grizzly because i was giving him too much stimulation in a time. he tended to be grizzly the last half hr of A time so i put him in a baby carrier thingy and walked around the house doing washing up etc. this helped, and he now does 2hrs 30 A time or even 3 hrs without getting grizzly, so im now in a position i can put him to bed BEFORE hes over tired
Alison

Offline MCGoldsmith

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 15:14:44 pm »
Thanks for the reply Alison!  :)

And Angela if you are still checking this- I have managed to extend my lo's A time by doing just what Alison said. I would walk around the house w/him.. go outside, I have even started to give him an extra day-time bath along w/his night time bath in order to have something to keep his mind off sleepy town.  :lol:
Well good luck to you. Let me know how things are going if you check back.
Meredith

Offline Angelakm

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2005, 05:36:57 am »
Thanks for the advice.  I have also had success with this, we are at about 2 hours. :D
Angela