Author Topic: When do you start with meats?  (Read 2014 times)

Offline cwolff

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
When do you start with meats?
« on: November 23, 2005, 02:57:26 am »
I'm wondering when to start with chicken & beef.  Maybe also tofu.  At the moment we're just doing single foods, and so far not too many so I'm sure it will be a while.  I just want to know for reference.

Offline james030405

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 22
  • James' birthday is 3rd April 2005
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2005, 03:30:53 am »
I started James on chicken first when he was just over 6mths.  I oven baked a chicken breast (or you could use chicken mince) and then used a blender and minced it up.  I added it to 2 veges.  I added beef a couple of weeks later using mince and now one of his favourite meals is spaghetti bolanaise ( :oops: spelling).  I will be trying other meats leading upto Christmas so he can have some turkey and pork with christmas dinner. 

HOpe this helps.

Lisa
[url=http://lilypie.com][/url]

Offline alison toms mum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 40
  • my little bundles of trouble
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2005, 14:10:55 pm »
i bought pre prepared meat for when tom starts (heinz do pureed chicken, turkey, cod etc in jars) i feel more comfortable doing this than cooking my own!!! my hv said tom could have meat now , but im waiting till hes 6 months!
Alison

Offline Debprins

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • And now there are two...
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 21:26:43 pm »
Hi I also brought the Heiz variety of meat but last week we had roast lamb and i Had made up some mix veg so what i did was grate the meat on the finest grate of my cheese Grater so it comes out a bit breadcrumby. I then mixed it in and gave it a whizz. There isnt alot in it but  she LOVED it. Also I tasted it and it tasted good, the heinz ones sometime smell a bit dog meaty :(