Author Topic: She finally did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 1106 times)

Offline allyson

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 4
« on: November 23, 2005, 14:27:33 pm »
I am so happy to say that all the training finally paid off. my 6 month old is now wanting me to put her in her crib wide awake and falling asleep on her own. I have been doing the same things and all the sudden she was fussing in my arms so I put her down and she is falling asleep. even without a pacifier. I never wanted to do the cry it out method and it took a lot of work in fact a LOT OF WORK........

I started by putting her to sleep at night in her crib awake and holding her hands while she drifted off. little by little I would decrease the time doing this and that is what worked for her. so she always fell asleep in her crib not in my arms. I was just there helping her learn. sometimes the road was bumpy so I did pu/pd first.

I think it is important to take the information from the book, and if you have to tweek it a bit for your babies needs than that is fine.

I am soooooooo happy for her..

Offline ella&jack'smum

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 54
She finally did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2005, 14:35:27 pm »
WELL DONE TO YOU!!!!

Reading your post reminded my how euphoric I was when Jack FINAlLY learned to go to sleep on his own - took me about 2 months of pat/shh and the feeling when he got it was just incredible. The sense of satisfaction was immense, because like you say it really is HARD WORK!

It's a good post for me to read today, as he's been a bit of a brute today, and you reminded me to count my blessings - being able to walk out of the door when they're awake is one of them!!!!
Sue

Ella Rose 07/09/02
Jack Rowan 15/03/04
Stratford upon Avon, England

Offline Jaime

• Queen of the Wicker People
  • Administrator
  • Showing Appreciation 941
    • Laughable Lunacy
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2005, 14:55:18 pm »
GREAT JOB!!!   :D  :D

Quote (selected)
I think it is important to take the information from the book, and if you have to tweek it a bit for your babies needs than that is fine.

i think tracy would have said the same.   :wink:  :D
Jaime
~~~
DD - Textbook
DS - Touchy/Grumpy

Offline alex and danny

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 3
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2005, 15:34:03 pm »
So great to hear!  My 3 month old has slept independently now for 6 days - naps and nights!!!  After a long hard month of sleep training - we did it!  I am so proud of him!  How rewarding to see that all the hard work and consistency, as well as learning what works for your child really works (my lo also liked when I held his hands whie he drifted - now he has a little cloth he holds on to)!!!  Thank you Tracy - you surely shared a gift!  I hope this can serve as some much needed support and inspiration to those who are going through the hard parts of sleep training.
Alex with fun and supportive husband Danny; proud parents of our Angel/Touchy Jacob

Offline j89vision

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2005, 04:25:13 am »
AHHHHHHHHHHHH!  You're such an inspiration.  thanks for sharing!  You have given me hope.  I know theres light at the end of the tunnel...it's just great to hear it from another Mom! :P

Offline Sylvia.

• Showing Appreciation 232
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2005, 04:58:16 am »
good for her and good for you, i also remember this feeling, it worked alright, i was just amazed, i still am