Author Topic: Is he eatting enough  (Read 950 times)

Offline colenliam

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 11
Is he eatting enough
« on: November 23, 2005, 17:22:22 pm »
My 4 month old boy is only eating 4oz of formula at every feeding.  About every 4 hours.  He used to sleep through the night from 10:30pm to 7:00am, and now gets up at 3:30am and 5:30am for feedings.  He eats 2tbsp cereal and fruit in the morning.  Tbsp Veg and Tbsp fruit for lunch and 4tbsp cereal in evening.  Should he be taking more formula per feeding, if so how do I get him to take more at each feeding?  He also has no problems falling asleep, goes down awake and goes right to sleep. Sometimes he just snacks as well.  Let me know, I am a confused 1st time mom.
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline Seona1973

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 21
Is he eatting enough
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2005, 19:27:44 pm »
It sounds as if your lo is taking a lot of solids for his age and this could be filling him up too much and putting him off his milk. As he has not had enough milk in the day he is now waking in the night to make up for it. Could you try cutting back on solids and see if that encourages his milk intake to increase?  Also do you feed him the milk and solids at the same time? You could try giving the milk first and then waiting an hour or so before giving the solids - this would help make sure he doesnt cut back on his milk too quickly.

How much formula does he have in a 24 hour period? I know from 6+ months a minimum of 20 ounces per day is recommended so I would imagine that prior to this age the figure would be a bit more.

Seona

Offline colenliam

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 11
Is he eatting enough
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2005, 20:18:04 pm »
Thank you for getting back to me, that sound logical.  of course, i am taking my mothers advice, "when you were a baby I......."
i'm gonna give that a try.
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80