Author Topic: Peeing through everything at night  (Read 1264 times)

Offline Sarah O

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 9
  • Quinn and Hazel at 16.5 months
« on: November 23, 2005, 20:19:16 pm »
Hi!

My babies are more frequently peeing through their diapers, outfits, and blankets at night.  How does everyone else here avoid a middle of the night diaper change?  I think my problem is that my two both take huge dreamfeeds so it's got to go somewhere, LOL!

Anyone have diaper brand recommendations and/or techniques that keep babies dry til morning?

Thanks!!

Sarah
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline Isom'smom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 8
  • Tennessee
Peeing through everything at night
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2005, 01:07:12 am »
I wound up moving up a diaper size in Isom's case.  Heck, I'd move up two sizes if they made them bigger!  There are also diapers designed esp. for nighttime.  Pampers brand makes something called baby-dry, I think Huggies is Good-nites.  Someone also gave me a website (wish I could find it now - sorry) about diaper doublers or something.  It's not available in Tennessee stores apparently, and I never did order them, but they are like super absorbent diapers with twice as much padding for soaking.  Does that sound familiar to any one? 

Any how, moving up sizes really worked for us.  The weight limits on diapers is totally inaccurate in MHO.  If it says 16 to 20 pounds, that's how much it should hold, right?! :lol:

Offline albertasweetpea

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 19
  • Our Dolly Molly - October 2007
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2005, 02:26:40 am »
Sarah, I found with Molly she too was peeing through the diaper at night time. I am using the cheaper Costco brand during the day then switching over to a Pampers Baby Dry at night. We are going to switch to Pampers permanently but had bought the huuuuuuuge box of Costco brand so have to finish those off!!   :shock:

Quote (selected)
The weight limits on diapers is totally inaccurate in MHO. If it says 16 to 20 pounds, that's how much it should hold, right?!
LMAO!!

I saw it posted somewhere else to try using a doubler as well (I haven't found those yet here in Canada) but you could also try a super maxi-pad??  :oops:  Just an idea.  Also, make sure to put lots of vaseline on their little bottoms as a barrier from the wet diaper. Will cut down on the diaper rash!!
~Michelle (Spruce Grove, AB, Canada)

[img=http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/rooby-rooby-roo/BW2ndAnnivAva.png=http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/rooby-rooby-roo/BW2ndAnnivAva.png]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/rooby-rooby-roo/BW2ndAnnivAva.png[/img]
[url=http://www.baby-gaga.com/][img=http://tickers.baby-gag

Offline Aarismom

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 13
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2005, 15:24:51 pm »
Personally, I've found that Luvs really holds everything in (even the really big bowel movements!). But we do go a size larger just out of habit. We tried pampers, but they leaked more often. I've also heard that doubling up on diapers at night helps too (putting 2 on instead of one). I haven't tried the overnight ones yet, although I've never had a need to.

*HUGS*
Sonya =P

Texbook/Angel LO
April 26, 2005

Offline Sarah O

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 9
  • Quinn and Hazel at 16.5 months
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2005, 16:21:09 pm »
Thanks guys.  I've been using Costco brand which I find to be quite good in general (especially compared to Huggies which are terrible).  Maybe I'll try the Pampers at night trick.  Sonya, I don't think we have Luvs here in Canada but thanks just the same!  I may try putting on two diapers too...never thought of that!!

Sarah
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker" border="0" width="400" height="80

Offline Jrolph

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2005, 17:05:23 pm »
Hi Sarah,

I had this problem in the begining as well.  I use Pampers Cruisers and they work great.  I use them at night and use Teddy's Brand during the day because they are cheaper and I feel like I am wasting the diapers when they aren't full.  I tried Huggies too and I absolutely hate them.  I have tried baby dry and they work okay but they aren't as good as the Cruisers.  I like the stretchy tabs on the cruisers and they fit their bodies better.  If you sign up with pampers they will send you coupons for 5 dollars off their cases which you can buy at Zehrs.  Sometimes Costco carries them but ever since they got their own Kirkland brand they haven't carried the pamper.  I hope that helps, let us know how you make out.

Jen