Author Topic: where can I find a formula for hungry babies?  (Read 3158 times)

Offline mom711baby

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
where can I find a formula for hungry babies?
« on: November 23, 2005, 20:59:05 pm »
Hi, I am from the states, and I just now read about a "hungry baby" formula.  I know they are casein-based formulas, but I can't seem to find any anywhere.  Do they only have them in the UK?  I feel like that is kind of a silly question, but I just don't ever see any here.

My dd is 4 months and she doesn't have a big appetite until the late afternoon.  She seems to be pretty hungry at night.  A paci doesn't always work at night.  We pretty much force formula to her during the day..somedays it seems like she is snacking b/c we try to get her to eat whenever we can.  I know this particular formula may not be the answer, but I was thinking of maybe giving this to her for her last couple of bottles before bed.  I don't know, just a thought.

Thanks,
Emily
mom to Madeline
7-11-05

Offline Mariek

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 225
  • If the Beatles had read Hunter
    • My Blog: Protect The Cookie!
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2005, 09:35:48 am »
Hi Emily

This is a link to the Cow and Gate Hungry Baby formula that we get in the UK (I thought this might help you see if you have something similar in the States).

http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details.jsp?productid=1061297&classificationid=1034969&slmRefer=000

The only real difference between the two is that the hungry baby one is harder for them to digest so it stays in their tummy longer making them feel fuller for longer. It can cause some problems with constipation though.

HTH

love
Marie

Offline mom711baby

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2005, 13:25:25 pm »
Marie,

Thanks for the reply.  I will check out that link. 

Emily