Author Topic: late napper/snack question  (Read 878 times)

Offline mommy2two

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« on: November 23, 2005, 22:58:53 pm »
We just switched from 4 to 3 bottles a day and I would like for my dd to take a sippy cup of milk with her lunch to eliminate the 3rd bottle, however there is a long gap between lunch and her afternoon nap, so here is my question:

My dd is 12.5 months old. She usually will go down very easily for her morning nap at 9:15 or 9:30am and sleep until 11am. Lately she has been staying up until 2:30 or 3 before going down for her afternoon nap. She eats lunch at 12:30pm so... should she have a food snack before the nap or a milk snack (like a small bottle)? I have been giving her the sippy cup w/milk at lunch and she is taking it pretty well but it seems like a long stretch from lunch to her 5pm dinner and she is going down for her nap at what would seem like a good snack time.

Also, how many oz of milk per day is recommended for a 12 month old?

Here is our schedule so you can get an idea of the whole day:
7am-wake and 4 oz bottle
8:30am- breakfast
9:30ish-11am-Nap
12:30pm-lunch
SNACK?????
2:30ish -Nap
4:45pm-Dinner
6:45pm-8oz bottle-bedtime

THANKS!!

Offline jubee

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
late napper/snack question
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2005, 04:11:27 am »
I am pretty sure that the amount of milk a 1 year old should have is 16 to 24 ounces per day.  If she will take the same amount of milk out of her sippy that she would out of her "snack" bottle then I'd give her the milk sippy at lunch and a food snack before her nap.  That way you can eliminate the third bottle.  But if she doesn't drink enough milk from a sippy -  maybe a food snack followed by a small bottle would work.
Julie

Offline mommy2two

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2005, 17:58:18 pm »
Thanks for the reply! I'll try that!