Author Topic: "A" Times for First 3 Months  (Read 1063 times)

Offline KellyRobert

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 24, 2005, 03:31:53 am »
We are JUST starting to overcome the 45 Min Nap Issues (do I dare even say that?!?) and I want to make sure I keep on top of the right amount of "A" Time.  Not too much, not too little.  My 8 week old is awake 1 hr-1hr 15 min after feeding.  Is this too much?  Too Little?  Do I gradually start increasing A time to 1hr 30 min in month 3 so it's easier to transition to 4/4?  I know every baby is different, and to watch tired signs.  But sometimes tired signs can be deceiving and in fact the baby needs more A time to get at least a 1hr 30 min nap.  Thanks!h

Offline mattandcindy

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 18
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2005, 04:02:21 am »
When Abigail was that age I had to go by her sleep cues. She could only do about 30-45 minutes. I knew others whose kids were doing 2 hrs at that age but Abigail had none of it. She still does 3 naps at  9 months-She is just a baby who can't stay awake for a long time.
I know it isn't the answer you want but I think going by your lo's sleep cues is the best bet at this point.
Cindy

Offline Meg's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 30
  • our girls
"A" Times for First 3 Months
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2005, 04:06:48 am »
Hi

Congrats on getting that 45min monster to go away...do we dare say his name  :shock: .  My LO is also a reformed 45min napper  8) .

I think the A times you posted sound appropriate.  At this young age they get overtired in the blink of an eye, so watch those cues carefully.

Sounds like you are right on track  :wink:

Offline KellyRobert

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2005, 20:46:40 pm »
Thanks for the responses.  It's true about getting overstimulated in the blink of an eye.  Sometimes of my LO takes longer to settle in his crib we've missed the window!  I'm OK w/ any length of "A" as long as the monster doesn't reappear!  I've noticed that the catnap tired signs are the most deceiving!  My LO will start yawning after 10 minutes "A" time and when I put him down we'll get a 30 min catnap.  But if I wait a bit longer but not too long, he'll sleep 45 and be much happier when he wakes.