Author Topic: White noise machine  (Read 1046 times)

Offline Carmela's Mom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
« on: November 24, 2005, 15:14:10 pm »
We've had one for my daughter for sometime now.  My husband wants to get rid of it as he feels she's old enough to sleep through noise and he's afraid that's what is keeping her up at night (I disagree).  Do you still have it on?  If so, how loud?  I am due with my second in the beginning of June and I think the noise will keep her from waking with the baby....

Offline Deb_in_oz

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 615
  • personal development blogger
White noise machine
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2005, 21:45:11 pm »
we used it for alex until about 2 months before Liv was born (so 17 months) but not at every sleep - we wanted to make sure we weaned her off it as we were not sure if she NEEDED it any more and did not want to make her go cold turkey so we tested the waters by leaving it off for some naps and she did fine and then we left it off for nights and then finaly took it from her room.

then it reappeared when Liv was born  :wink:  and she has it in her room now.  i think with it playing in Liv's room (their rooms are right next to each other) it blocks out some of her noise, but alex does still get disturbed sometimes.  amazingly sometimes when i think liv is really loud i check and alex is not even stirring... :?
Debra - a New Yorker living in Australia married to a Brit

dd1 - Textbook/Angel, born July 2003
dd2 - Spritied through & through, born Feb 2005

Check out my website:   Home Life Simplified
Like my Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/HomeLifeSimplified

Offline elfin

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
White noise machine
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2005, 00:15:50 am »
I still use white noise with Myles and he'll be two in a couple of weeks.  I like that it covers any household noises, and we don't feel the need to creep around to keep quiet.

I'd probably leave it if I were you especially with a new baby coming!
Carrie

Myles 12/06/03

elfin@thebabywhisperer.com