Author Topic: sleep weaning...help  (Read 749 times)

Offline teezee

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 157
sleep weaning...help
« on: November 24, 2005, 15:43:28 pm »
okay - as if having night wakings isn't bad enough, but now i have to get my dd to sleep in her crib!  i moved in with my mom and in the process her crib was no longer usable so dd has been sleeping with me.  now her crib finally came in and i was going to start weaning her with naps first, but she doesn't like it  one bit - she is a spirited/angel baby and seems confused/stimulated when i am trying to put her down for a nap in the crib. i have to do pu/pd with her until she falls asleep but then she's waking on and off throughout her whole nap - any suggestions? should i be starting to wean with nighttime sleeping since that is where the sleep issues are to begin with? until now i had no issues with naps, she is on 4 hr easy and puts herself to sleep as long as she swaddled-   until now that is... :x
Tawnya
Mommy to Alecksandria
June 11, 2005

Offline Matthew's Mommy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 22
sleep weaning...help
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2005, 17:26:04 pm »
Alrighty,

Start with both nap and night sleep. Switching back and forth will just confuse her. Have a set wind down routine for naps and bed time.. the routine will help her. Do your best not to sway from the sequence of your nap and night sleep routine.

If over 4 months, you may have to do pu.pd to help her settle, if under 4 mos, then pat-shush. Stay with until completely asleep-- we will wean that later.

It will take a few days, just as long as you are consistent and calm as possible. If she had healthy sleep habits, they will return.

Good luck!
Jane
Whispering since 2001
Matthew July 27th, 2001
Brendan October 21st, 2004