Author Topic: Miserable with nap extensions  (Read 3573 times)

Offline corrina01

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 84
  • Norfolk, UK
Miserable with nap extensions
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2005, 09:39:44 am »
Good luck at the Drs.  I find that when I have to take my DD to the Drs.  she always seen straight on time, whereas I have to wait for about 20 mins.
Corrina
Mum to Faith
A very spirited toddler with a touch of angel

Offline FreddieEden

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2005, 12:54:51 pm »
Well, despite being up at 6 this morning, he has been on good form today and behaved at the doctors (where we didn't have to wait too long).  I now have eczema cream and infant gaviscon plus some sympathy from the doctor so we'll how we get on with that.  Daniel dropped off in the buggy after we had left the chemist so I had to keep walking for 45 minutes  :lol: Had fun with the gaviscon - he seemed to think him spitting it out and me catching it with the spoon was a great game.

Offline Mia & Scarlett's Mummy

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 18
  • Me and my girls (on a tidy day!)
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2005, 20:38:04 pm »
Hi Freddie

If it's any consolation Mia will only nap in her cot.

I took her to a friends house a couple of weeks ago and couldn't settle her for a nap there.  I tried everything but have just had to accept that she only associates her room and cot with naps and sleep now.

So that means that unless I'm walking her in her buggy I can't take her places for a great length of time until she's a bit older and can stay awake a bit longer.

Perhaps we can't have it both ways and to be honest if I had to choose I think I'd rather have it how I've got it at the moment.

My health visitor is a really lovely lady and a baby whispering fan to boot.  So I think I've struck gold with her.

Hang in there.  Mia has only had 45 minute naps today so I fear a bit of regression and think I may have spoken to soon about her extending her naps permanently.  I'm at the stage now though where I think I've just got to go with it......it helps me to think that at least she's over the 3 month mark now, at least she's not 6 weeks old anymore and screaming into the early hours with trapped wind night after night  :(
Louise -  Mom to Mia Alison born 19.08.05 
Our beautiful english rose and textbook/spirited baby.
New Mom to lovely Scarlett Grace - textbook/touchy