Author Topic: Why has she been cat napping over the last few days  (Read 953 times)

Offline rhea

• Rhea Mom to Ella Marie
  • New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Ella Marie
Why has she been cat napping over the last few days
« on: November 24, 2005, 21:23:30 pm »
Hi All,

Hope you can help,

My 8 weeks old DD Ella Marie, was sleeping between 1hr to 1.30 after every feed in the day  :D and in the last few days she only wants to cat nap between 20 to 30mins  :?  I have tried every thing.  She is very happy in the morning  :D but i dont get any smiles in the afternoon  :( so i know that she is tired........WHAT CAN I DO.  in tracys chapter on teaching babies how to sleep she talks about over tired and OS babies so this is what we have done 5 mins quite time before bed then 20mins of pat and shh-ing.  this works at bed time after 7.00pm feed and over the last 2 nights she has sleeped through till 4.00 or 5.00 as normal......

Few things have changed in the last week,

Ella was hooked on the dummy (wake up crying all hours when it fell out etc) we look it of her on saturday and it went very well, till tuesday things got very bad i was in tears and so was she, dad had to come home as i was very upset. 

Then dad said why dont we give it to clam her down and thats what we have done when she has 5 mins of quite time before going to sleep thats when she has it or if we are out and she is showing signs of being tired i then give it to she 9 times out of 10 this works and she goes into a sleep. 

Also we have this week cut out her cluster feeds and she now has a feed at 7.00pm and bath every night about 7.30 df at 11.00. :shock:

she is also now having 5oz of brestmilk (brestfeed and express) where as before she was having 4 to 4.5 oz.

Hope some one can give some advise on this  :wink:

Rhea Mum to Ella Marie 8 weeks old
Rhea Mom to Ella Marie

Offline rhea

• Rhea Mom to Ella Marie
  • New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Ella Marie
update
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2005, 13:02:14 pm »
No change with ella,

i am so tired and she getting up at 2.15am fussing(forget to say she has been doing this since week 5 with we statred on easy), for about 1 hour  :?

Things are getting worse.

PLEASE can some one help..

over tired mum
Rhea Mom to Ella Marie