Author Topic: Lots of letdown  (Read 1294 times)

Offline Aiden and Marlo's Mama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 10
Lots of letdown
« on: November 24, 2005, 23:25:56 pm »
I have the letdown sensation almost hourly.  It's getting annoying, really, cuz it kinda hurts!  :shock: Stops me in my tracks for sure, feels like someones grabbing my boobs and twisting hard! OUCH!  And I have it all kinds of weird, random times throughout the day.  I've had Marlo on formula during the day now (from 7-4ish) for two-three weeks, and like I said, feel the sensation during the weirdest times.  (Like watching TV during a Glade air-puff air freshener commercial, and once during a football game, and of course I had to lookup about the orgasm thing - I had no idea  :oops: ) and was wondering when they happen say 15 or 20 minutes before she's ready to feed and she gets frustrated (bobs on and off and won't latch for a bit) because they won't letdown again and I wonder if the milk hasn't cycled back into my system or whatever.

Anyone know about this? :?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lori

Offline Erin (redstarfalling)

• Showing Appreciation 188
Lots of letdown
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005, 00:50:27 am »
I don't know about adding the formula during the day - no experience there, but if you're more engorged, the letdown can be more powerful. I often had to bite my lip - and still do if she pops off when I'm in the throws of it!  :x It's hormonal, so it makes sense it can be triggered by many things (yes - I know what you mean about the orgasm thing...pretty shocking the first time, I'll tell you!! :oops: ).  As for when they happen before she feeds - she might be bobbing off because the flow is slower and she's impatient.  So she'll suck less and as a result, be less likely to trigger the letdown again. How old is she now?
Erin
Mother to Megan and Samantha

Lots of letdown
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2005, 02:58:14 am »
6 weeks.  almost!  I get them now when I sneeze, or get a chill.  It's getting annoying!  :?

I've also had it when I'm changing her, right before a feed.

Guess I'll just deal till I wean!  :roll:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lori

Offline Erin (redstarfalling)

• Showing Appreciation 188
Lots of letdown
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 01:14:19 am »
The worst is when I have had a stomach bug.  Every time I threw up I had a let down - really really uncomfortable!! :shock:
Erin
Mother to Megan and Samantha

Lots of letdown
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005, 03:53:59 am »
Yikes.  I had a stomach flu when I weaned Aiden at 4 months.  I just couldn't nurse him while I had my head over the toilet  :lol: It was bad enough that MIL took Aiden for a couple days and that was the end of it.  :?

Unfortunately it's looking like the end of the road for Marlo too.  I'm down to breastfeeding her mainly at night, just her 1am and 3am feeds.  Since she's sleeping from 8ish till 1ish, I try to get in most of my night sleep then (obviously not tonight though - too much laundry  :? ) and we're having a "practice run" tomorrow since I go back to work Thursday.  :cry:  But that means dh is going to be getting up with the kiddos and I can go back to sleep!  :shock:  :D  :shock:

We'll see how it goes... :lol:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lori