Author Topic: Waking before DF...need reply before tonight please  (Read 1170 times)

Offline Sabine

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Waking before DF...need reply before tonight please
« on: November 26, 2005, 14:31:01 pm »
My 20 week old today :D  has been sleeping through the nite for the last 2/52 since we started introducing bottle EBM.  DH has been doing the df's at 11pm.

For the last two days he has been waking prior to 11 for the df.  We feed him his bottle and he will take 6.5-7 oz and talk a bit and go back to sleep but has been waking at 5pm crying and hungry.

I can't up his cals during the day...he will take only what he needs from the bottle and refuse the rest.  When he is done he is done :wink: . No solids yet.

Here is his schedule on most days

6am BF
9am nap
10 am bottle EBM--4-5oz
12 pm nap
2 pm EBM--4-5 oz
330/4 nap
5 pm EBM--4-5 oz
7pm BF cluster
730/8 bed
11 pm DF

He would usually sleep until 6/630 but has been waking at 5 for the last few mornings and at 10-1030.  Any suggestions as to what to do to let him last longer in the mornings??  He won't do the pat sh, or PU/PD thing either.

Offline Erin (redstarfalling)

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 188
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005, 00:33:39 am »
So this has only been happening for a couple of days, right?  Do you think it could be a growth spurt?  Waking BEFORE the dreamfeed and then again overnight makes it seem the likely culprit to me... I would give it a couple more days to see if it settles before panicking or anything.  He might start eating more during the day on his own or it might just settle down without him really taking in more ounces. Breastfed babies often don't eat any more ounces as they get older after a certain point, but the composition of the milk changes.

If, after about 4 or 5 days, it's no better, then you might be looking at a sleep problem.  Have his naps or his schedule changed in any other way?  Is he teething and could that be waking him?

Keep me posted, but I'd be inclined to just ride it out in the short term and see if it's a glitch!  :? Good luck tonight!!
Erin
Mother to Megan and Samantha

Offline Sabine

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2005, 22:29:10 pm »
thanks for the reply :D
last night i tried two clusters at 5 and 7 and he took 4 oz each time.  then i gave the df at 11...didn't wake...took 6 oz.  he slept until 6 am.  he used to take only 3-4 oz each feed so i suspect you might be right that it could be he is growing.

i think it might be teeth or a developmental thing as he just started rolling over.

i'll keep you posted.

thanx again :)

sabine