Author Topic: walking  (Read 1085 times)

Offline taylor

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
walking
« on: November 27, 2005, 12:44:03 pm »
my little boy is 1 tomorow and about 2 weeks ago he took his first steps from me to my daugter,  now he can do about 7 steps but he just wont go himself he still walks around my funiture and goes to let go but he just goes straight to crawling if i put him down he will just fall down.

i feel like hes never going to go,

is there anything i can do to help him.

he has a walker that he can walk behind  and as i said he can walk to me to my daughter,.

i have even tried standing him up at the couch and shouting on him to come to me but he just falls down and crawls to me.

any one got any adivice on how to help him.

Nikki~Nathan&Danielle

walking
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005, 20:33:29 pm »
I would say he's doing fantastically!  :D  A bit more cruising practice like he's doing and he'll just one day surprise you and go the distance and let go.  Even when my ds learnt to walk (and it took a wee while for to let go of furniture - I guess he needed to feel secure in his new skill in his own time), he'd fall over and for about 6wks would crawl to a wall or piece of furniture to pull himself up again before walking off again.  He didn't learn how to stand up from the floor till he was about 14mths old although he was walking from 12mths.

Offline Katet

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 608
  • Sydney Australia
walking
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2005, 20:36:25 pm »
In all honesty he will do it when he is ready. My ds#1 didn't really walk until 14mo, he did a few steps here & there from 13mo & then just did it. The more you "force" him to independent walking outside his comfort zone, the more likely he is to be frightened of it... he will walk when he "knows" he is ready to do it. Just as an aside my sister didn't walk until 21months & has run 1/2 marathons... the time of walking is no indication of anything advanced or delayed so just keep giving him the opportunity to do it in his time & oneday it will just happen.
dc1 July 03, dc2 May 05