Author Topic: Crying it out????  (Read 1097 times)

Offline Kaiden's Mommy

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Crying it out????
« on: November 27, 2005, 19:24:44 pm »
I have a three month old son and I feel like I am running to him all the time when he should be napping.  At what age is it okay to let him cry himself to sleep?  When he crys it breaks my heart and I run for him, but I know this can cause problems in the long run.  When should I begin and how do I impliment this.

Offline woopster

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 398
  • 4 gone...how many more?
Crying it out????
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005, 20:58:34 pm »
What sort of crying is it?
Could he be overtired and winding down?
How long does he cry for before you go into him?
Harry: 29 July 2003
Lydia: 28 June 2005
Sam:  28 June 2005
David: 28 June 2005 - 12 August 2005
Daniel: 19 July 2007
That's all folks!
(Well, maybe another girl if I can convince DH!)

Offline RyansMum

• Showing Appreciation 138
  • Minecraft mad!
Crying it out????
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2005, 21:00:43 pm »
Hi, I also find it very hard when my son is crying but I do try and leave him so long as the cry is not hard and basically screamy!  If his cry is like a cough or winey I can leave him.  I do not leave him for no more than 15 minutes though except if he quietens down and then starts up again.  If he does this this usually goes on for 3 times and then he is asleep.  This is all for night time sleeping though, for naps I do tend to go to him because I presume he has had enough kip and is ready to play or feed etc.  If he then gets tired a short time later I will put him back down for a nap.  I think it is hard for any Mum to let their baby cry though whereas the hubby can leave them for a lot longer! 

Hope this has helped a bit!

Offline Kaiden's Mommy

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Crying it out????
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 02:50:53 am »
Bed time is not usually a promblem. It's his naps.  He'll wake up after 20 min to 1.2 hour crying.  When I go in to see his eyes are closed. It seems like I am always trying to get him settled during his naps.  I have not let him cry it out to see if he falls asleep cause If I leave him he will wake up fully and I have great difficulty getting him back to sleep.

Offline RyansMum

• Showing Appreciation 138
  • Minecraft mad!
Crying it out????
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2005, 21:31:46 pm »
My DS sleeps between half hour and hour.  Sometimes I will wake him up if he is due a feed else he is a nightmare at bedtime!  He also normally wakes up crying but his eyes are open usually.  I did read somewhere that if they are crying but their eyes are closed they are dreaming or something like that and then it is best to give them a few minutes to see if they stop crying and basically fall asleep again or wake up completely.  Do you feel that his naps are too short then?  I am quite happy if LO sleeps for half hour or more.